GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hypnotising- Read My Tragic Story (that happened around 1 hour ago)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/07/01 at 21:40
Regular
Okay, so it’s not TRAGIC but enough to make me really, REALLY scared, please take the time to read it.

Sorry if I make any typos because I am still in shock (a little)

As some of you who chat to me on MSN may know, I have taken up learning how to hypnotise and tonight was going to be my big night. No one believed that I could do it, deep down not even me.

I sat my mum down on a chair and begun to hypnotise her.

Later, when all was done I thought it didn’t work so I shouted, “damn, it didn’t work!”.

“Mum? Mum?!”

She wouldn’t open her eyes. I got really scared and frantically tried to wake her up. She wouldn’t wake.

I thought, no problem I will click my fingers to wake her up (as I had given her that command while being hypnotised)

No joy.

I called my Dad, he was really worried. It was like she was unconscious.

We phoned up her mum and dad who live down the road and they came up to see if they could wake her.

At last, she opened her eyes.

“Mum, whats your name?” I asked.

“Anne” she replied. (which is correct)

“And your second name?”

“…..”

“Mum what’s your second name?”

“Mummy” she said.

Then I had to get her a drink and take her down stairs. Her legs were wobbly so I had to help her down.

By this time I was over the worst bit of fear.

My mum is now tucked up in bed and feeling relaxed and back to normal.

I have learnt my lesson and I thought I should tell you all that you should never muck around with hypnotising people, I am never going to do it again.

Thanks.
Wed 01/08/01 at 09:27
Regular
"not dead"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I think it's Ouigi.

Isn't that one of the Mario brothers?

(It's Ouija)
Wed 01/08/01 at 09:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You bloody fool M16.

Would you have a go at surgery on your mum because you'd read some stuff?

This is no different, the mind is complex organ, you don't start waving your fingers about and making her think she's a chicken unless you know what you're doing.

Still, you've learned a lesson and that was funny as hell to read.

Cheers dude.
Wed 01/08/01 at 09:17
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
GOOD news guys.

As soon as my eyes opened this morning I leaped out of bed and rushed to my mum. She looked normal enough, even if it was 8:30 in the morning! I asked her if she was okay and she said that she was much better. I started clicking my fingers to see if anything would happen and she just said “I’m not a bloody servant you know!” so I think I can safely say she is okay now.

Thanks everyone who wished my mum better and all the “good lucks” etc.

Next week I will ask what I done wrong, and when I find out… I will give up “hypnotising” as I am not very good at it and I have realised how dangerous it is.

Just to let you know, when you hypnotise someone you do not need to wave a watch infront of them or anything, all I did was put on a soothing voice, and counted back from 100-1 and with each number say something that would relax them, then when she was relaxed enough and I could see that she was expressionles then was the time to start getting her imagination working.
Wed 01/08/01 at 08:19
"possibly impossible"
No, I think Wigi boards sounds better, a bit hairy maybe...
Wed 01/08/01 at 01:06
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Man! That is scary I feel really bad for you knowing what it must of been like when your mom wouldn't wake up!

Hope evereything turns out alright
:)
Wed 01/08/01 at 00:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I think it's Ouigi.

Anyway, I'm sure your Mum will be fine. I doubt you've formatted her subconcious (sp?), she'll be OK in the morning.

Give us updates!
Wed 01/08/01 at 00:07
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Man thats scary.

Never mess around with things like that, Wigi boards and the such.

It's all bad.

Tell your mum that I hope she gets better.
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:33
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
If you have no training in hypnotising people then don't do it. You may be able to do it but if its not done properly then she may keep having flashbacks ie commands you have given her like replying to the clicking of fingers may cause her to perform them again in future.
Ive been to a few hypnotist shows in pubs and it generally a good laugh as long as its done right. You shouldn't mess with people's sub-concious minds unless you know what you are doing. Hope she fully recovers but I guess it got a little to close for comfort for you. A warning to others I think.
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:13
Thats bad stuff, If shes not OK in the morning you should see the doctor to see if shes had a history of blacking out.

You can also get a proffessional hypnotist to dehypnotise her if shes still effected.

Hopefully she just fell asleep, bored silly by your hyposis!

Good Luck!
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:08
Wow I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.