GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting an Xbox...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/03/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Can someone tell me the best games for the system, aswell as which ones allow you to play your own music.
At the moment my top ones are Jet Set,Amped 2,and PGR2.
I only know of being able to play your own music in Amped, what are the rest?
Sun 28/03/04 at 18:31
Regular
But Amped 2 is a simualtion. That was purely an example. In the same vain that GT3 is a racing simulation Amped is definitley the snowboarding simulation.
Sun 28/03/04 at 18:28
"I love yo... lamp."
Does that make Need For Speed a simulation because you can't make the cars fly like in San Fran Rush 2049?
Sun 28/03/04 at 18:25
Regular
Amped is a simulation though. You can't flip the board under your feet whilst pulling a cheesy arcade style move. I prefer the original more so than the Coolboarders series on the PSONE. Amped 2 though I thought was a massive disappointment.

Still a lot better than the guff effort that was SSX 3 though.
Sun 28/03/04 at 18:15
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I always liked Amped 2 when I had it, SSX 3 seemed simplistic by comparison. Never played 1080 though and don't have any inclination to either.
Sun 28/03/04 at 18:11
"I love yo... lamp."
I have all three, not just played them. Having had a better chance to experience them, I think I would have the more rounded informed opinion on them.

If you believe Amped is a simulation, then you've obviously not tryed it at any length. It is about tricks, but in a bordering on realistic way, not the comic like way that is SSX.
Sun 28/03/04 at 17:54
Regular
"tokyo police club"
And that's the bottom line, because Maverick said dso.
Sun 28/03/04 at 17:54
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Syphonical: Mav has a bee in his bonnet about Amped and Amped 2.
> Bottom line is they are better that 1080 Avalanche, both of them, I
> have them all, and I'd rate them considerably above the SSX series as
> well. Amped is great.

You can have your opinion, but you ain't getting the bottom line Biggles.

Played 'em both and disliked the style and essential gameplay mechanics - guess it's not my type. SSX and 1080 appeal far more to the upbeat, pacey and fun side of gaming, whereas Amped appears to be leaning more towards simulation. I'd therefore rate SSX3 and Avalanche much higher.
Sun 28/03/04 at 17:53
Regular
"tokyo police club"
No, not MM3
Sun 28/03/04 at 17:51
Regular
": ("
Im going on Midtown Madness now, i'll go on RS3 a bit later.
Sun 28/03/04 at 17:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
That Time bloke who was 3rd in the world was a right biatch.

I was ahead of him for like, 2 laps, then on the last he slaughtered me.

Grrr

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.