GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"E3 in London Baby!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 21:31
Regular
ya know E3?
well the eurpoean version is in london this september! and guess who got their mits on a ticket?...me baby!! ho yeah!
you get like loadsa freebies (t-shirts,key rings,demos,n stuff like that)but wow i'm gonna get to see the gamecube,x-box and not forgetting the metal gear 2 whooo hoooooo!!!! and its cost me absolutly nothing
*starts to dance on the table*
Tue 31/07/01 at 19:06
No matter, happens to me all the time, although less frequently now that I've regained a more steady index finger.
Tue 31/07/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Oops - suppose I should be more patient when I hit "Post this message" :)
Tue 31/07/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I got press passes as I used to do a very little (2 articles) freelance work for Future - I registered as a Freelance journo, didn't need any help from Future or any proof of my credentials, though if requested it was clearly there.

ANYONE can get normal passes for free by going to www.ects.com and pretending you run a gaming shop. It may be tricker this year as with the new venue they've prommised to be more stringent with handing out passes. They've categorically stated amateur websites will not be given passes of any kind and this will probably have a knock on effect for the 13 year old store owners. Red Eye made light of them in his column a while back - you're supposed to be 18 to gain entry.

If you've been before you'll get a request through the post to come again this year. I got mine about a 3 weeks ago, so if your going to be asked to come again you should have yours by now too. It has a speed register thing in it to make internet registration even easier. If you don't pre-register you may be able to get a ticket on the door (you'll still need to have some trade related reason for attending) but it will cost £25.

Note: it was those 13 year old MDs I was ripping the pee out of at the end of my last post - not anyone in this thread, just incase you think I was being nasty ;)
Tue 31/07/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I got press passes as I used to do a very little (2 articles) freelance work for Future - I registered as a Freelance journo, didn't need any help from Future or any proof of my credentials, though if requested it was clearly there.

ANYONE can get normal passes for free by going to www.ects.com and pretending you run a gaming shop. It may be tricker this year as with the new venue they've prommised to be more stringent with handing out passes. They've categorically stated amateur websites will not be given passes of any kind and this will probably have a knock on effect for the 13 year old store owners. Red Eye made light of them in his column a while back - you're supposed to be 18 to gain entry.

If you've been before you'll get a request through the post to come again this year. I got mine about a 3 weeks ago, so if your going to be asked to come again you should have yours by now too. It has a speed register thing in it to make internet registration even easier. If you don't pre-register you may be able to get a ticket on the door (you'll still need to have some trade related reason for attending) but it will cost £25.

Note: it was those 13 year old MDs I was ripping the pee out of at the end of my last post - not anyone in this thread, just incase you think I was being nasty ;)
Tue 31/07/01 at 18:18
So how did you wangle them?
Tue 31/07/01 at 18:11
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
For the amateur gamer ECTS is rubbish. To make it worth while you need a press pass (which I have - but won't be attending this year) and need a reason to be there i.e. meetings. That's what ECTS really is - a big meeting of distributors/suppliers/retailers. I went last year with the hope of getting ideas for some work, after about 4 hours I was bored stupid. It isn't like Spaceworld with loads of demo units and shows for the public. It is coffee shops and meeting rooms with a few displays (admittedly two or three large ones that will be of interest for an hour or so).

The Nintendo stand was great but they won't be showing there this year. The Sony stand was okay (though stupidly hot). Don't hope to be getting any decent freebies without a press pass and finely tuned blagging skills (want to come to our private party sir - free booze and Jamariqui will be performing?). You'll get loads of useless leaflets that will be re-gurgated in magazines the following month, maybe the odd CD that turns out to be the companies website in hard format.

There is a reason they don't let the public in to ECTS - it is an industry event that consists of meetings going on behind closed doors (note: though it is stupidly easy to get tickets). This year will be even worse as the big players aren't showing at ECTS, but at their own ancillary events requiring different tickets.

Anyway - enjoy looking at Mad Katz new controller and hearing about the wonders of Company X's printer cartridges/unbranded CDs/other useless junks. Hell, maybe you'll even make the decision to stock them in your imaginary store.
Tue 31/07/01 at 02:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sorry, I meant FOG prime.
Tue 31/07/01 at 02:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nah, Ortega's hanging around FOG chat. Fish-e's just signed in. Reaper's also logged in but I think he's just left his cable on.
Tue 31/07/01 at 02:18
*BTT looks at the stars and planets, into his crystal ball, at tea leaves and various animal entrails*

"Yep, this topic will be deleted"

Is it just you and me TN?
Tue 31/07/01 at 02:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I have the videos...

They are not to be viewed by any person alive for 30. It contans scenes of an excrutiating nature.

*Hmmmm, I wonder if that guy can sit down yet...*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.