GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why nintendo should just give up!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 15:19
Regular
This is not meant as a big offenisve remark to people who really love nintendo and the nintendo company but i feel that it is about time that they should give up on the larger game console market. Throughout the years nintendo have always been second best to some other game consoles(that you must all admit), first it was that the master system and the megadrive which clearly overtook the market from nintendo. Now we have the playstation and PS2 and do nintendo seriously think that the Game Cube will be able to stand up against the PS2, in my own opinion the PS2 should outsell the game cube my popularity alone, and games made for it (eg Gran Turismo 3) Could sell the console by themselves. This, compared to the cutsie, sickening twaddle(Mario, Kurby etc...)that has been presented to the world by Nintendo and their associates, will once again send Nintendo's Game Cube scuttling back to it's creators all bloodied and bashed in the same way that the Playstaion duffed up the "more advanced" N64. Every time i walk into my city centre "GAME" shop there is always someone trading in a nintendo64 for a playstation or PS2, never the other way around. I have seen what the nintendo64 could do and to be honest i was not impressed, the graphics were shoddy and blured and the games are still on cartridges!!! aren't nintendo going to learn that cartridges were years ago and gamers have moved onto discs, will the game cube be still on cartridge. I do admit that the gameboy has been very successfull, luckly for nintendo, but look at the new gameboy advance. The technolgy that is being here was being used in the early 90's by sega's game gear (remember that?) and the graphics were still better then as they didn't use a dot matrix screen and it could double as a portable TV, plus the new gameboy advance does strangly look like the poor old game gear.
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:19
This is not meant as a big offenisve remark to people who really love nintendo and the nintendo company but i feel that it is about time that they should give up on the larger game console market. Throughout the years nintendo have always been second best to some other game consoles(that you must all admit), first it was that the master system and the megadrive which clearly overtook the market from nintendo. Now we have the playstation and PS2 and do nintendo seriously think that the Game Cube will be able to stand up against the PS2, in my own opinion the PS2 should outsell the game cube my popularity alone, and games made for it (eg Gran Turismo 3) Could sell the console by themselves. This, compared to the cutsie, sickening twaddle(Mario, Kurby etc...)that has been presented to the world by Nintendo and their associates, will once again send Nintendo's Game Cube scuttling back to it's creators all bloodied and bashed in the same way that the Playstaion duffed up the "more advanced" N64. Every time i walk into my city centre "GAME" shop there is always someone trading in a nintendo64 for a playstation or PS2, never the other way around. I have seen what the nintendo64 could do and to be honest i was not impressed, the graphics were shoddy and blured and the games are still on cartridges!!! aren't nintendo going to learn that cartridges were years ago and gamers have moved onto discs, will the game cube be still on cartridge. I do admit that the gameboy has been very successfull, luckly for nintendo, but look at the new gameboy advance. The technolgy that is being here was being used in the early 90's by sega's game gear (remember that?) and the graphics were still better then as they didn't use a dot matrix screen and it could double as a portable TV, plus the new gameboy advance does strangly look like the poor old game gear.
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:46
If Nintendo left the console market like Sega and just made games, they would definately make the best. But I don't think that will happen any time soon with their 75% profit increase even with the drop out of the N64.
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:06
Regular
"accidental superher"
please people don't kill muffy just yet....i can sense some insults POSSIBLY coming...but you've see the havoc from last time any sort of console complaints have occurred (admittedly more serious)...and also he's only arrived today.

but in reply to muffy's post...

the gc will use little discs...smaller than CDs i think but can hold a lot (exactly how much i don't know).
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:10
Regular
there mini dvds and they hold more than a normal DVD,
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:20
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
No, Boggy, they don't hold more than a normal DVD. They hold about 1.5Gb compared to DVDs 3.7Gb. However, they have their numerous advantages over DVDs which make them the better gaming choice (I can't be bothered to list them now).
Muffy, most of what you wrote was complete twoddle. Luckily for you, I'm very tired at the mo, so I'll fire back at you later tonight (unless someone like Strafex gets there first!)
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:25
Regular
sorry kingklik i will try to get my facts sraight next time
:0)
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:28
Regular
, but look at the new
> gameboy advance. The technolgy that is being here was being used in
> the early 90's by sega's game gear (remember that?) and the graphics
> were still better then

is that why sega are making sonic games for nintendos gameboy
Mon 30/07/01 at 17:50
Regular
Nintedo have The portable gaming market all to theirselves and the GAmeboy advance has become the fastest selling console of all time overtaking the PS2. It sold somthin like 1,000,000 units in 6 weeks over in the US.

WIth GAmecubes lower price i think it can give PS2 a good run for its money. the youger generation cant afford a PS2 so a Gamecube should be first choice for youngsters.
Mon 30/07/01 at 18:17
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
the new smaller discs will also cut the loading times in half of a normal dvd , as the laser which carries the info wont have to travel as far to reach the info on the disc and then take it back to the reciever (or whatever the bits are called) so unlike the playstation and ps2 the loading times will be far less , which lets face it , we all get fed up with waiting. and shigsy also said that he would hate to leave the carts as there are no loading times , so thats why i think nintendo opted for the smaller discs for very small loading times !
Mon 30/07/01 at 18:22
Apparently, developers had to artificially prolong loading times on their games as the on-board memory meant that loading was too quick, ruining the natural flow of a game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.