GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow'.
Tue 30/03/04 at 03:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No idea what multiplayer is like, because I grew bored of that rubbish years ago on the PC, and playing against headset wearing kids really doesn't appeal.

However - the single player game is absolutely fantastic.
A definite improvement over the original in terms of graphics and certainly in gameplay.
Remember in the 1st how those poxy wall-lights, the tiny bulbs would take a few shots even though you were lined up perfecto? Not any more, even if you don't use the laser sight supplied.
The AI that meant gaurds on the other end of a level knew you had killed somebody way back and alarms went off? Nope.
Just good solid stealth action. And none of your MGS2 crap either.
Because despite the hype, what was that game?
"Check radar, wait, shoot and stuff in locker. Repeat" with endless cut scenes, fixed cameras and preachy moralising (although the politics of this game are slightly suspect to say the least...crush East Timoor Rebels? Er...)

There is much to be said for silently creeping along a darkened corridor, climbing onto a pipe and shimmying across, hanging from your feet and shooting a baddie upside down.

However, I've reached the Indonesia Jungle levels and...oh yes.
Amazing graphics, really puts you in the atmosphere with tall grass that bends and folds as you duck-walk through it, simply incredible. The mist and light effect would do Ridley Scott proud and there's something immensely satisfying about popping up, shooting somebody in the head and ducking back into the pampas grass before anybody knows what's what.
If you wanted MGS2 to be immersive stealth with the minutiae all in place and were left bored with another cut-scene as you walked through a door or simply grew weary of hiding in lockers for radars to go back to normal then pick up Splinter Cell 2.
It's worth it just for the jungle levels alone. Oh, and the train level. And Jeruselam is good fun.

Deus Ex 2 is a bit rubbish though, it has to be said.
Mon 19/04/04 at 19:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Except they dont sell H&D2.
> Which is silly, because it is a superb game and I can't understand
> why it only got middling reviews.
>

Well, it was in the shop I was in. Pc Gamer loved it, or gave it at least 90%. I think.

Currently on the start of the Shipyard level in SC2. Have been exploring the multiplayer maps a little bit too.
Mon 19/04/04 at 17:37
Regular
"foliage to make Charlie Dimmock moist in her water feature"

ha ha.

quality.
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:01
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:

> Today I stormed a railway station to rescue a Partisan, stole a
> German Commander from a train tunnel and defended against a platoon
> of Nazis in a bombed-out French town.
> Spectacular fun

And you still find time to play computer games and drums. Respect due.
Fri 16/04/04 at 00:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Except they dont sell H&D2.
Which is silly, because it is a superb game and I can't understand why it only got middling reviews.
A fantastic combination of WW2 shooty and some tactics, but not Rainbow 6 tedious way-point setting dullness.

Today I stormed a railway station to rescue a Partisan, stole a German Commander from a train tunnel and defended against a platoon of Nazis in a bombed-out French town.
Spectacular fun
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I saw H&D2 in a shop for cheap.

Although it was just an empty box half leaning off the end of a shelf.

And then I got SC2.
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Done.
Now for Hidden & Dangerous 2
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Jmaul wrote:
> and goatboy, why don't you put your text in a review on this site?
--------

Never occured to me to be honest.
I shall do a review now, but a different one.
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:18
"Welcome To My World"
Is pandora tomorrow really hard? or is it just a good challenging game? or is it just a easy thing?
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:15
"Welcome To My World"
Im getting splinter cell 2 tomorrow and i must say that i am going off myt head waiting!
From EVERY review i have read it has got a rating over 9.

and goatboy, why don't you put your text in a review on this site?
Thu 15/04/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Touched!"
Mog the cat wrote:
> I heard that splinter cell looks beter on XBOX than PS 2 but the PS 2
> version has another level because it was released later

That is true, the Xbox version does look a bit sharper.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.