GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was Jade being racist towards Shilpa, in the BB house?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/01/07 at 20:03
Regular
If any of you have been watching this years Big Brother, please let me know how you feel about what has happened inside. I feel that whilst Jade was in the BB house, she constantly bullied Shilpa who is from India. Some though it was an act of racism and others, like myself, feel it is just bullying. I feel that Jade and her fellow 'followers' (Danielle & Jo)constantly ganged up on Shilpa. There were several occasions where Shilpa was told that she should 'go back home' and earnt the nickname 'Shilpa popadom', which in fact, could be called racist. HoweverI thought that Jade learnt her lesson when she dispatched from the BB house. No one was there to applaud her and she was even shown videos, with Tony Blair, complaining about her actions on live TV. She caused nothing but chaos inside the house. The carphone warehouse has cancelled its sponsorship with BB because of her and Jade has had a lot of explaining to do on BB extras. I watched BB's Little Brother this morning, where they interviewed Jade and had people calling in to ask her questions. An Indian woman phoned, and asked a really hard question. Not long after Jade was in tears. She did say that she would like the chance to say sorry to Shilpa when she leaves the BB house, but until this happens Jade will still be in my bad books. I actually think Shilpa is rather attractive lol. (just thought I would add that little comment at the end)
Thu 25/01/07 at 16:39
Regular
It's not racism on Jade's part.

Ironically, the only comments that could be perceived as racism have come from others, yet her heightened celebrity status means that she's the one taking the stick for it.

What people mistake for racism is merely the bitterness of a class divide. The vast difference in Shilpa's background compared to Jade's is summed up by how Shilpa reacted to the argument, i.e. she was emotionally wounded, as if she'd never had a confrontation before, and could only see her race as the explanation.
Wed 24/01/07 at 18:36
Regular
Sunflower wrote:
> I still don't . . . Hope I never do, BB sucks!

tomorrows news headline
**BB faces racist comments**
Tue 23/01/07 at 21:29
Regular
"I may return"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> And if you don't like her being on your TV then don't watch it.
> I didn't even know what she looked like til a few weeks ago.

I still don't . . . Hope I never do, BB sucks!
Tue 23/01/07 at 17:26
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
i dont watch it, but it bothers me when its on the news, coz i watch the news for the news, not for that bint's whiney ass racist voice
Tue 23/01/07 at 16:53
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Vampyr wrote:
> Jade's a racist. and you cant say "nah, shes thick as
> pigsh!t so she didnt know she was being racist" coz racism
> is racism

Depends how you define racism.
I don't really know what was said but I don't imagine she's the kind of person who thinks too hard about what's coming out of her mouth, and from what I have gathered it seems more likely she said a few stupid things which she didn't realise would have the effect it has rather than her actually meaning/believing the implications.

--

And if you don't like her being on your TV then don't watch it. I didn't even know what she looked like til a few weeks ago.
Tue 23/01/07 at 16:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I like how racism has been redefined. Any negative comment towards a person of another race/ethnicity is now automatically racism.
Tue 23/01/07 at 16:46
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> I'm not going to pretend I don't find that pretty funny.

:-O Alfonse you racist mo-fo.....

:-P
Tue 23/01/07 at 13:16
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Jade's a racist. and you cant say "nah, shes thick as pigsh!t so she didnt know she was being racist" coz racism is racism

"oh, i didnt know killing that dude was murder"
"well then you are free to go"

doesnt happen.

jade's a racist, lets send her to join the kkk, where her godawful whiney voice and mingery looks wont be on our telly.
Tue 23/01/07 at 12:53
Regular
I'm not going to pretend I don't find that pretty funny.
Tue 23/01/07 at 12:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
it uses 'white' in the context of an insult.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.