GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 7 - revived Aeris!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sun 04/04/04 at 11:09
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hi all,

i posted this in the PSone/PS2 forum, but seeing as people from this forum won't neccessarily visit the PS2 forum (and that FF7 is generally considered a classic) i thought i'd post it here too :)

Ok, so pretty much everyone who's played FF7 knows of the 4 million romoured ways to revive Aeris, despite each and every single one of them being a massive lie... or are they??

apparantly, the first 500 - 1000 (or thereabouts) shipped copies of the translated version of FF7 contained code (intentional or otherwise) that allowed Aeris to return at the Great Crater. There are several locations where you can see a flickering "ghost" of Aeris (like the church in midgar where you first meet her). If you visit them all then when you're in the Great Crater, when you auto-jump across the stome platforms to get the mega-all (i think) materia,if you hit X on the platform that you usually auto-jump straight off, you can stay on it. walk towards the green mako/lifestream "waterfall" in the background and Aeris will reappear and rejoin the party.. the only catch is you can't take her back OUT of the north crater.

Now, i'f i'd just read all that i'd be thinking "bah, sounds like too much work for what's probably a hoax", which is probably what you're thinking right now.. fair enough! :)
but here's the thing, it's absolutely true. i was reluctant to believe it when a mate told me he'd done it (he's an ff nut who bought 7 as soon as it was out), but yesterday i saw it with my own eyes; Aeris, in the Great Crater, in PHS and battle sequences, at level 95.

Of course there's no reason to believe me, but as soon as i can figure out a way of grabbing a Playstation greenshot onto my PC i'll upload one (at which of course, most people will scream "PHOTOSHOP!", there really is no convincing some people ;) , unless i can grab some video from the playstation.. hmmm.... ), or, if you're trusting enough, send me your memory card and i'll copy the game on for you (and no, this isn't an elaborate scam to get a load of memory cards, nor do i actually expect anyone to care enough to send one, but if that's what it takes.... :) )

so there you have it! it is indeed possible, but only on a rare amount of the games apparantly.

maybe it's the same kind of reason that means no matter how hard i try, the "turltes paradise" flyers thing never works for me :)

make of this information what you will, and if i find out that any of the details i gave on how to do it are incorrect, i'll correct them straight away (i have to recheck with my mate).

so yeah, it's possible!
Fri 23/04/04 at 00:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I thought about buying a cheat cartridge just to revive aeris.

Then i decided it was too sad.
Fri 23/04/04 at 00:25
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Don't be a moron.
Look in the mirror. Your friend is lying to you.

The hilarious thing is, this "rumour" was buried years ago by SQUARESOFT(the creators, in case you didn't know), when they released a press statement which confirmed that Aeris is not revivable in the game.

Now, if a "mini-release" existed,(do you know anything about the industry?)
Don't you think they would announce it?

And tell me one more thing, Mr.Metal, what happens at the end of the game when you have Aeris in your party? Does Cloud speak of "Aeris' dream" etc.
What does Aeris say?
Or does the game just crash?

I EAGERLY await your response.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
No it's not raven-ous, and posts like that are really not needed as i addressed that kind of reaction in my initial post.
if you'll refer to the similar thread i started in the PS2 forum, you'll see an explaination of how this version was from a very early, slightly different mini-release and how it's entirely possible.

i'm not saying it's definate, only that i have a copy of the saved game and that i trust my friend when he says he didn't cheat, it's not his style (aside from which, lying/bragging about video games is what you do in the playground at school, not in your twenties).

still, it's up to you whether you choose to believe it or not. it just seems funny (and somewhat annoying) that a subject such as this that has been discussed at length in these types of forum, and when a NON-ridiculous explaination (and this version is by far the least ridiculous i've seen) is offered, the knee-jerk reaction is one very similar to yours.

you don't own the exact copy of the game (and it's unlikely you own one of the mini-release versions) and you didn't perform the exact motions required so to dismiss it so readily without further investigation is a touch remiss.
Wed 21/04/04 at 23:57
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
This topic is bullsh*t. The only way to "revive" Aeris is by using a cheat cartridge, which is probably what was done here.
Bah.
Anyway, I am more interested with going on the date with Yuffie.
"Stop kissing me and stealing my materia at the same time!!!!"
Fri 09/04/04 at 09:45
Regular
"\\"
I had to force myself to play it for 20 hours... I got bored and played on KOTOR.
Mon 05/04/04 at 09:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Aoe wrote:
> I'll send my memory card... But you're sending FF7 back with it
> because i seem to be lacking that game,

hehe, no deal!!
i'm not parting with my copy mate, it's a big enough pain finding a decent version as it is :)

and don't believe what the
> memory card tells you, those game saves are from borrowing FF7, i
> don't actually own the game.

that's quite interesting, it's the kind of game that seems to addict people to it. i played it at a friends house and immediately went out and bought it, so congratulations, you seem to be immune to it's powers! :)
Mon 05/04/04 at 07:49
Regular
"\\"
I'll send my memory card... But you're sending FF7 back with it because i seem to be lacking that game, and don't believe what the memory card tells you, those game saves are from borrowing FF7, i don't actually own the game.
Sun 04/04/04 at 11:33
Regular
"you've got a beard"
sorry mate, i'm impatient like that :)
Sun 04/04/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Damn it you got in the way!
Sun 04/04/04 at 11:28
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
cool!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.