GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 7 - revived Aeris!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sun 04/04/04 at 11:09
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hi all,

i posted this in the PSone/PS2 forum, but seeing as people from this forum won't neccessarily visit the PS2 forum (and that FF7 is generally considered a classic) i thought i'd post it here too :)

Ok, so pretty much everyone who's played FF7 knows of the 4 million romoured ways to revive Aeris, despite each and every single one of them being a massive lie... or are they??

apparantly, the first 500 - 1000 (or thereabouts) shipped copies of the translated version of FF7 contained code (intentional or otherwise) that allowed Aeris to return at the Great Crater. There are several locations where you can see a flickering "ghost" of Aeris (like the church in midgar where you first meet her). If you visit them all then when you're in the Great Crater, when you auto-jump across the stome platforms to get the mega-all (i think) materia,if you hit X on the platform that you usually auto-jump straight off, you can stay on it. walk towards the green mako/lifestream "waterfall" in the background and Aeris will reappear and rejoin the party.. the only catch is you can't take her back OUT of the north crater.

Now, i'f i'd just read all that i'd be thinking "bah, sounds like too much work for what's probably a hoax", which is probably what you're thinking right now.. fair enough! :)
but here's the thing, it's absolutely true. i was reluctant to believe it when a mate told me he'd done it (he's an ff nut who bought 7 as soon as it was out), but yesterday i saw it with my own eyes; Aeris, in the Great Crater, in PHS and battle sequences, at level 95.

Of course there's no reason to believe me, but as soon as i can figure out a way of grabbing a Playstation greenshot onto my PC i'll upload one (at which of course, most people will scream "PHOTOSHOP!", there really is no convincing some people ;) , unless i can grab some video from the playstation.. hmmm.... ), or, if you're trusting enough, send me your memory card and i'll copy the game on for you (and no, this isn't an elaborate scam to get a load of memory cards, nor do i actually expect anyone to care enough to send one, but if that's what it takes.... :) )

so there you have it! it is indeed possible, but only on a rare amount of the games apparantly.

maybe it's the same kind of reason that means no matter how hard i try, the "turltes paradise" flyers thing never works for me :)

make of this information what you will, and if i find out that any of the details i gave on how to do it are incorrect, i'll correct them straight away (i have to recheck with my mate).

so yeah, it's possible!
Sat 24/04/04 at 18:22
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Done,

Thank you very much.

Tell me when Vm has posted his.

once again thanks.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:42
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
[email protected] both of you email me and I will tell each of you each others.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:36
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Could you please leave me your e-mail adress.
Is that ok?
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:15
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Squall wrote:
> i'll send you my memory card.
> just give me a way to contact you.

leave your email address here and i'll get back to you.
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:15
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Raven-ous wrote:
> Some people are overly ignorant.

and some things are like talking to a brick wall, a majority of the points you took exception to had already been addressed.

> For this reason I couldn't even be
> bothered contributing any further.

ditto

> You are a pontificating, patronising gimp, Very Metal.

Raven-ous wrote:
> The hilarious thing is, this "rumour" was buried years ago
> by SQUARESOFT(the creators, in case you didn't know),
>
> Now, if a "mini-release" existed,(do you know anything
> about the industry?)

ok, now explain to me how that WASN'T patronising?
>
> Don't you see saying such nonsense as "if you could wade through
> the original post" is conceited bullsh*t???

Raven-ous wrote:
> Don't be a moron.
> Look in the mirror. Your friend is lying to you.

don't you see see how that is arrogant, presumptuous and flat-out rude?

you may not like the way i responded to you mate but i found you equally disagreeable in the first place or i wouldn't have done it. the one thing i can't stand is rude people who use a condescending manner for no good reason, when that happens i can be just as condescending.
>
> Please don't live the rest of your life this way.
> Actually, do, waste your life, you fool.

and you think calling strangers "morons" and talking down to them IS a good way to live your life?
"arguing on the internet is a little like the special olypics; even if you win, you're still retarded" so on those grounds, i concede to you.
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:35
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
i'll send you my memory card.
just give me a way to contact you.
Fri 23/04/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Some people are overly ignorant. For this reason I couldn't even be bothered contributing any further.

You are a pontificating, patronising gimp, Very Metal.

Don't you see saying such nonsense as "if you could wade through the original post" is conceited bullsh*t???

Please don't live the rest of your life this way.
Actually, do, waste your life, you fool.
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Rikimaru Dark wrote:
> Ravenous if I told you I had a copy of FFX where after you complete it
> you can start the game again with all your current stats would you
> beleive me?

can't you do somethng similar in Shenmue??
i'm sure it was mentioned on this forum not long ago as someone was making a point about levelling characters up...
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:39
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Raven-ous wrote:
> Don't be a moron.

hypocrite :P

> Look in the mirror. Your friend is lying to you.

.. that makes NO sense.
why would a mirror turn up that kind revelation?
>
> The hilarious thing is, this "rumour" was buried years ago
> by SQUARESOFT(the creators, in case you didn't know),

wow really?
i thought you made it.

> when they
> released a press statement which confirmed that Aeris is not
> revivable in the game.

but in which release? the Japanese, US European releases are all different in some respects.
>
> Now, if a "mini-release" existed,(do you know anything
> about the industry?)

it's called testing the waters, market research, product viability testing, whatever you will.
yes i DO know a thing or do about the games industry, and this is no different to a music single getting a re-release, or are you going to claim that that never happens as well?
>
> And tell me one more thing, Mr.Metal, what happens at the end of the
> game when you have Aeris in your party? Does Cloud speak of
> "Aeris' dream" etc.
> What does Aeris say?
> Or does the game just crash?

if you'd managed to wade through all the big words in the original post, you'd see that i point out that doing it this way results in aeris rejoining you in the crater ONLY (therefore not being with you at the end of the game), whereas the cheat cartridge allows you to use her anywhere in the game.

and AGAIN (because it seems you're really struggling with this concept) i never claimed this was in any way definitive proof, simply that i personally have seen (and now have) the save file in question, some simple research revealed that the mini test release was indeed true and i believe my mate. as i pointed out, lying about games to appear cool may be something children do, but at 24 we have other matters to attend to, something you'll learn when your nuts drop.

i have no interest in arguing the point with you as unless you can obtain one of the early releases and follow the instructions step by step then you can't legitimately test this method and as you're clearly not prepared to accept the possibility there's little point in trying is there?

> I EAGERLY await your response.

... get outside more.
Fri 23/04/04 at 04:52
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Ravenous if I told you I had a copy of FFX where after you complete it you can start the game again with all your current stats would you beleive me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.