GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64ever, you are such an idiot"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 17:42
Regular
With your "PlayStation invasion" topic, you have open such a big can of worms you are sorely going to regret it.

As you read this, I am getting together a group of Sonyphiles to start posting here, but our posts will have a difference:

Our swill be well-written, mature and factual, unlike EVERYTHING you have ever written.

We are above you and you know it.
Sun 29/07/01 at 01:32
Regular
u become attached to your own console and your console affects the way you think. no other console will ever feel the same, also depends upon which games you play on the other console. You cant judge it by just playing on a small selection of games.
Sun 29/07/01 at 01:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
How will I play a large selection of games then?

I played the N64's "top" titles, and I didn't like them. The thing is, I looked at the S2's line up and specs, and i thought "Wow, this is a really cool piece of kit". The GameCube just doesn't do that for me.
Sun 29/07/01 at 10:15
Regular
Thats same with me and the playstation 2 while i will admit there are some good games on the system and a few coming out they dont intrest me enough to warrant spending £300 on one where as the gamecubes list of games does intrest me.
Sun 29/07/01 at 11:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
BOGGY wrote:
> Thats same with me and the playstation 2 while i will admit there
> are some good games on the system and a few coming out they dont
> intrest me enough to warrant spending £300 on one where as the
> gamecubes list of games does intrest me.

£270, actually. :D Sorry.

I feel the same about my PS2-just read the topic I created in here.
Mon 30/07/01 at 02:08
Regular
£270 hey? well u need a memory card for sure, so thats £25 extra. then a stand so it dont fall over...whats that an extra £13? then a multitap for multiplayer action action...whats this...u need 3 TVs and 3 PS2s?!
Mon 30/07/01 at 02:09
Regular
Turbo, what titles are u refering too when u say "top" titles? surly u dont mean Perfect dark, goldeneye and Zelda do you?
Mon 30/07/01 at 12:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
Veron 4 wrote:
> £270 hey? well u need a memory card for sure, so thats
> £25 extra. then a stand so it dont fall over...whats that an
> extra £13? then a multitap for multiplayer action
> action...whats this...u need 3 TVs and 3 PS2s?!

The memory card will last for years though!!

And anyway, the same goes for the GC-all the other stuff will cost extra.

I stand mine vertically-without a stand!

I use PSX Controllers on a lot of my games-money saved there!

3 TV's and 3 PS2's?? What??
Mon 30/07/01 at 13:29
Regular
i wasnt having a dig at the console, just a joke really...i know u dont need a stand. mine stands perfectly without one. the 3 TVs 3 PS2s thing was about GT3. The memory card wont last years! well i suppose it depends on how many gams u got. An average one games takes up abiut half a meg right?
Mon 30/07/01 at 22:28
Regular
I think that £30 for a memory card is ridiculous.

I thought that the £20 N64 ones were a little over priced...

Anyway, you don't need a multitap.
The PS2's games are more single player based than multiplayer based.

Still, wait a year or two when the Gamecube is cheap and then buy one of them to play when you have a party or when friends are round.

Whether it be Mario Kart or Perfect Dark, a night of fun is garaunteed.
Mon 30/07/01 at 22:30
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> I do. It's just annoying Nintys coming in our mature forum where we
> talk about sensible things (GT3 mostly) and stirring things up.

I
> hate Nintys like that.

Some to think of it, I hate most Nintys.
> They're just not nice people. There are a few exceptions (most are
> regulars), but generally, Nintys just annoy me with their arrogant
> attitude.

Hey, there's plenty of Sonyphiles who are just as bad (again, it's the newbies).

There might have been one or two idiots leaking into your forum but we've had a few in our forum too.

Don't label Nintys based on a few individuals, thats what the Nazis did to the Jews...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.