GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best strategy/war game- longest thread?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/04/04 at 16:57
Regular
"56 000"
The best strategy war game ever is C&C Generals.
Just write anything about pc games or strategy games and the future of pc games.
Wed 14/04/04 at 11:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Of course for now, I'm enjoying Heagemonia - Legion of Iron, a great looking space based RTS, and I got it free for resubscribing to PCG.
Wed 14/04/04 at 11:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
This year is looking great for RTS games:

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth Developed by EA, so I’m not expecting great things, and it all could just end up as one big tank rush game (or Ent rush) but it looks fun, more so than that disappointing Lord of the Rings RTS of last year.

Ground Control 2 The original was great, good looking and very challenging. No resource management here, it’s all about tactics as you lead a limited number of units against a variety of enemies. This one is also looking great in the visual department.

Wartime Command: Battle for Europe 1939-1945 this is perhaps the only WW2 themed RTS I’m looking forward to. The fact that it spans the whole war rather than just bits and pieces means that it has that little bit extra depth, but it’s also being developed by the people behind IL-2 Sturmovik which is a great flight sim game, so I’m expecting the same mark of quality here.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War There hasn’t been too many decent Warhammer games, but this one is looking quite decent. Developed by the people responsible for Homeworld 2 it’s looking like a finely tuned, and quite enjoyable RTS game that brings the source material to life in ways, which haven’t really been done before.

Rome: Total War The one I’m really looking forward to, I loved the first two Total War games so am expecting great things from this one. It’s not out until around Christmas time (I was hoping for a summer release) but should hopefully be worth the wait.
Tue 13/04/04 at 21:45
Regular
"rock kickin!"
does star fox cuont?
Tue 13/04/04 at 15:35
Regular
LOL! For the last time yes! How many times have you said this?
Tue 13/04/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Is anyone here getting Age of Empires III? I've already got a preorder for it; all I need do now is wait until it's released at the end of the year. :)
Mon 12/04/04 at 18:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I work for the company that makes Medieval Total War. While it's good, I personally prefer Starcraft :0[
Sat 10/04/04 at 23:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I only ever played a demo of Rise of Nations as well, but it was top notch stuff. Will have to get round to buying it sometime soon.
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:03
Regular
What about Rise of Nations?
Sat 10/04/04 at 00:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cy^66 wrote:
> Common man anyone played on commandos 3?
> What do ya think of it?

Played the demo, which was pants compared to Commandos 2. Seemed they stripped out the tactical bits and put in more explosive set pieces which didn't quite work.
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:03
Regular
"\\"
Lipe wrote:
> gamezfreak wrote:
> Age of Empires 2 : The Conqueres
>
> Three words and one number.

A colon and an extra 2 words :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.