GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best strategy/war game- longest thread?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/04/04 at 16:57
Regular
"56 000"
The best strategy war game ever is C&C Generals.
Just write anything about pc games or strategy games and the future of pc games.
Fri 16/04/04 at 09:49
Regular
"Newby"
Hi Guys,

Was hoping that someone out there can help me. Does everyone remember Birth of The Federation, I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but I did love that game with the expanding galaxies and colonizing worlds so forth. I'm looking for today's equivalent. Something that has the same feel.

Any info will be gratefully excepted
send to [email protected]

C
Fri 16/04/04 at 09:41
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Cold War Conflicts looks excellent. Anyone have it yet or played it?
Fri 16/04/04 at 09:39
Regular
"bing bang bong"
cipro wrote:
> I got the release date from PCG's mag, though it looked more like an
> assumption of what the release date will be. I'll expect it to slip
> though, beacuase it seems most of the games I'm looking forward to
> this year end up slipping to a new release date.#
>
> Just out of interest, What are you working on in the game?

It'll slip to Christmas at the very latest, it's not going to be any kind of Half Life 2. I work in testing, and I'm also doing one or two historical battles. I only started in January :0[
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Miserableman wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Rome: Total War The one I’m really looking forward to, I
> loved
> the first two Total War games so am expecting great things from this
> one. It’s not out until around Christmas time (I was hoping for a
> summer release) but should hopefully be worth the wait.
>
> Rome is still set for Autumn as far as I'm told, but it could still
> slip. The longer it takes to get released the better, as I'm possibly
> out of a job when it ships!

I got the release date from PCG's mag, though it looked more like an assumption of what the release date will be. I'll expect it to slip though, beacuase it seems most of the games I'm looking forward to this year end up slipping to a new release date.#

Just out of interest, What are you working on in the game?
Wed 14/04/04 at 19:33
Regular
"who wrote that?"
What about TOTAL ANNIHILATION for me it set the standard and cannot wait for the sencond one to come out
Wed 14/04/04 at 17:20
Regular
"bing bang bong"
cipro wrote:
> Rome: Total War The one I’m really looking forward to, I loved
> the first two Total War games so am expecting great things from this
> one. It’s not out until around Christmas time (I was hoping for a
> summer release) but should hopefully be worth the wait.

Rome is still set for Autumn as far as I'm told, but it could still slip. The longer it takes to get released the better, as I'm possibly out of a job when it ships!
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd be overly suspicious of a game of Age of Empire calibre being released in such a short time frame. Christmas would be the wisest of release dates to choose, but I just can't see it personally, the fact that nothing besides the release date and the fact that it's been announced says to me that it's only in the early stages of development and would need allot longer then 8 months to be completed.

Personally I think a Summer 2005 release, though realistically I don't think you'll be seeing it until next winter.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It'll probably be released in December, before Christmas. Not only is this believable due to the time scale, but due to the fact it makes business sense.
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I really wouldn't expect to see AOE3 until sometime next year. It's not even listed in some places yet, and still no new info besides it's announcement.
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:15
Regular
You left out AoE3, shame on you!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.