GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSTATION INVASION"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/07/01 at 20:14
Regular
Everybody when u come on go and leave some abuse on the playstaton message boards i went there earlier and saw a whole topic complaining that nintendo people keep leaving message saying the gamecube is better i think we should keep it up and pi*s them off real good.
Sat 28/07/01 at 14:20
Regular
The Playstation 2 has only had a year headstart, not 2.

And anyway, most of the people are waiting for it to go down in price.

In February it'll still be pricy than the New Gamecube.
This new product will be accompanied by lots of hype and advertising campaigns.

This time, Adult games will be available from launch meaning that it won't be shunned as a childrens toy by the public.

They might choose it, they might not.

It can still go either way.
Sat 28/07/01 at 08:47
Regular
My friend owned an original Playstation which he bought second hand from a friend in the not too distant past.

About a month later he sold it.

He has an N64, over 30 games, lots of peripherals for it, a Game Boy Advance with 2 GBA games and quite a few GBC games, a Mega Drive with loads of games, etc.

He is waiting for GameCube aswell as playing on his new Game Boy Advance.

Playstation 2 isn't the only new console out there!
Sat 28/07/01 at 02:34
Regular
This topic was motivated by the WWF invasion thing right?
Sat 28/07/01 at 01:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Of course the GC will be the biggest threat but the PS2 have had a 2 year head start and everyone that owns a PSone isn't likely to wait for the GC to be launched.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:02
Regular
I think Nintendo have learnt from their previous mistakes enough to know that GameCube will be the biggest threat to the Playstation 2.
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:53
Regular
Wait for it to
> come out before you say the GC is 'better,' which it may

from what the magazines and the press and preety much every sane person in the games industry is saying i think u can gurantee that the gamecube is gonna be better than the playstation 2, okay fair enough i havent played any of the games but the fact is that nintendo rules E3 people were shocked at the sheer quality of the games being produced by nintendo and with shigeru miyamoto and rare creating games for it, it just aint gonna fail
Fri 27/07/01 at 20:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
Strafex wrote:
> lol @ Ant and Turbonutter

Anyway Ant, GTCrappy was made by one of
> your fellow notables. Immature name but the topic itself wasn't so
> bad.

Anyway, it wasn't mostly Ninty's, it was an argument between
> 2 sides.

And Ant, I'm trying to encourage them to write sensibly
> here, please just go with it for now... :-)

All right, I can trust you Strafex-you can put up a good argument.

Or can I...{:)
Fri 27/07/01 at 20:17
Regular
lol @ Ant and Turbonutter

Anyway Ant, GTCrappy was made by one of your fellow notables. Immature name but the topic itself wasn't so bad.

Anyway, it wasn't mostly Ninty's, it was an argument between 2 sides.

And Ant, I'm trying to encourage them to write sensibly here, please just go with it for now... :-)
Fri 27/07/01 at 17:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Strafex wrote:
> All this PS abuse is giving Ninty's a bit of a bad name.

Ummm, isn't the term "worse"?
Fri 27/07/01 at 16:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
Strafex wrote:
If you argue, DON'T say the
> PS2 is crap because it is pretty reason able. SImply state the truth
> by pointing out they Gamecube is better and give reasons.

How is that the truth?? It hasn't even been released yet!

Wait for it to come out before you say the GC is 'better,' which it may be for some but not for me.

This is as specs don't matter-it's the games. The games on PS2 appeal to me, where as the ones on the GC don't. It's down to taste.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.