GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*wonders*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/07 at 01:15
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
how many people from the oldskool special reserve are still about?
*remembers people like hedfix and such and such*
Page:
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:36
Regular
I agree Heddy.

People should take their thinking off-road more. Y'know, Blue Sky Thinking and all that. Perhaps we should do lunch sometime, so we can square off the circle.

Have your people call my people.
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:34
Regular
"8==="
Oh dear... you're still thinking so linearly.
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:32
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> Planning on going to Bristol, Swansea or UWE, although Aberdeen
> is in with a chance.

Excellent! I don't know much about the Physics departments at those universities, but Bristol have a great repuation in most scientific disciplines and the other three aren't exactly low-runners! Good stuff!

>I want to be come a teacher and have tonnes of work experience coming up.

I'm impressed that you already have a career plan laid out, most people don't at the beginning of their degrees. What kind of level were you hoping to teach at? I've tutored undergraduate mathematics for several years now and found it very interesting, but I've never known if I could cope with teaching A-levels or below. Do you have any thoughts on it?

> PhD then, must be smarter than everyone here.

Ha! Thanks, but no, not likely. The slightly mischievious side of me wants to say that there's one exception, but I'll resist because, for all I know, Hedfix is actually one of those confused geniuses that invents magical results at night and restores balance to the world by being a raving idiot during the day.

Anyway, I really hope the Physics goes well for you. I know a few students doing maths and physics and they seem to enjoy both components, but other than that, I can't actually give any advice about the course. Good luck with it though!
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:30
"possibly impossible"
I keep trying to think of something to add to this, then wiping it out.

99% of people on both forums seem to be ok with the other one.

I find different reasons to be on both, but the fact that both are so different means I'm still on them both.

um...that's it...
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:23
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Planning on going to Bristol, Swansea or UWE, although Aberdeen is in with a chance. I want to be come a teacher and have tonnes of work experience coming up.

PhD then, must be smarter than everyone here. Couldn't dream of doing that based around maths...
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:20
Regular
"8==="
Well it seems some may finally, after about 3 years, picked up on what I'd actually been telling them all along. :D

However you appear to have missed most of it which is why this was mildly fun to dig out the ol' 'persona' gimmic again.

Because ultimately that's what it is. Perhaps if you took the time to consider that what you (and indeed many on PM as I've glanced over the IB thread) still see as a person and not an account/persona or indeed a collection of posters who post through the same account.

Open you minds.

Oh and try to take things less seriously, I know I say it every time but judging from the IB thread a lot of PM still doesn't get it despite the fact i've spelt it out a billion times. :D
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:20
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> Ah, no problem. How are you getting along? Take it your maths
> degree has finished?

Not yet, well, not this one. My first degree was finished almost three years ago, but I have almost a year left of a PhD before I can finish student life. Thanks for asking though!

> I'm going for a physics one in September...

Excellent! Do you have a place or is the application in progress? Any ideas which uni? Good luck with the whole thing!
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:16
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Ah, no problem. How are you getting along? Take it your maths degree has finished? I'm going for a physics one in September...
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:14
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> I'm still here! (Just about).

Howdy hippyman! How goes it all? Apologies for the mess in this topic, I was just curious.
Mon 29/01/07 at 14:13
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> I wonder what the dozy people are saying about me in the IB
> thread at the moment. :D

To be honest, not a lot. I was, a few minutes ago, wondering if I should stop posting in this thread, just in case you're some sort of fragile kid on the verge of giving up on everything and my post several replies down was designed to allow a way for the conversation to stop. Other than that, I think most Pocket Monkey users don't talk much about any of this stuff any more and much prefer the quiet chance to chat to the people they like. It's quite nice really. I'm not here now as some sort of crusade from the Pocket Monkey types, they couldn't care less and, I suspect, would actually prefer that I didn't stir the old Hedfix problem. I just wanted to come over and see if, all those months ago, they were right.

Sadly they were.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.