GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moral Dilemna"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/07/01 at 14:51
Regular
We've been asked to play the Essex Fm Roadshow this Sunday.
£400 for 30 mins in front of a couple of thousand people.
Now, my problem is this:

I despise local radio, Essex FM especially for churning out the same old pop noise and generally suffering from regional radio apathy. Do I refuse to do this, out of principle

Or

Do I agree, we take the money and use it towards studio time, equipment etc, you never know who might be listening and any press is good press etc?

They wanted us to mime and we point blank refused unless half-way through the song, me and the bass player switched.
So, at least we get to do it live.

But..Essex Fm?...it's gonna be screaming kids and Essex folks there to watch the station dancers to their stuff.

So, integrity and dignity or £400 and some "regional" radio exposure?
Thu 26/07/01 at 11:33
Regular
"You've upset me"
Do it Goaty. Just swallow your pride get up on stage and hit it.
Thu 26/07/01 at 11:28
Let's face it, it's money, and that's really what it's all about!

Ah two fingers to the moral standing at this point, only when famous and on your own two feet can you give your true views.

Go for the gig!
Thu 26/07/01 at 10:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, £400 is £400.

It's not like we're radiohead yet.
We can be rigid moral warriors when we can afford to be.

What was I thinking?
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:53
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I LOVE all sorts of radio - it is just the best thing in the World EVER! Just love the idea that someone somewhere (in the very very small reception area...) is listening to a track I selected and enjoying it. Call me an old fool but I think its the biggest buzz ever.

Getting to play your own stuff can only improve on that feeling. However, I do understand your musical tastes are somewhat different from mine and a different attitude come with it. In that case, £400 is £400. Is it really worth missing out on the potential promotion and cash for a small "sell out".
Thu 26/07/01 at 00:42
Hey if i were you i'd go for it. Just lie back and think of the money. I'd be interested to hear what your band sounds like 'cause i live in essex and could listen on the radio...

But Essex FM? Carwash Classics? Oh dear.
But it could be worse! I think...
Maybe not.
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:21
Am I to assume you've not been in the business long???

£400 for 30 minutes work, you should lap it up! Dignity doesn't pay the bills, saying you're too good for something can lose you work.

If the money's right, DO THE JOB!!!!!!!

(My proffesional opinion)
Wed 25/07/01 at 18:35
Look at it this way: By playing on Essex FM you can save it from being crap.
Wed 25/07/01 at 17:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ah just play it :D
Wed 25/07/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> "That's when I found you don't mess around with the funky cold
> medina"
>
> What a top tune.

I've got a drum machine that does this perfectly
Wed 25/07/01 at 15:39
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Or 'You Suck' by the Yeastie Girls

That'll draw a crowd...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.