GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What games are we looking forward to in 2010 ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/12/09 at 22:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
Been a bit on the quiet side around here recently so thought I would try and ramp things up a bit.There has been some good games turn up in 2009 but most of them have been sequels which although fun haven't really done much we hadn't seen many times before.Batman Arkham Asylum is the only non sequel game which I thought really stood out from the crowd this year.Sequels/spin offs (Modern Warfare 2,Guitar Hero : Metallica,Streetfighter IV,Forza Motorsport 3 ,Tekken 6,Need For Speed : Shift etc.) were all fun but were nothing really new.Personally I would like to sequels move away from the 'play it safe' mode they seem to have been stuck over recent times.How about Tiger Woods 2011 where you get to play as his wife ?,the Wii version could allow you to pick up household objects and hurl them at his dirty cheating ass !.Or how about Call Of Duty : Back To School where you are armed with wedgies,nuggies and chinese burns,get a 7 wedgie streak and get to flush a 1st years head down the toilet !.These are obviously not serious suggestions but I'm sure you get the idea.Tony Hawks : RIDE tried something different with it's wireless skateboard thing which I would like to commend it on but if you have played the thing you will already know it is a truly useless piece of fun free garbage.DJ Hero has sold like hot ice cream as well and is currently being discounted just about everywhere.Hence why games developers will fear trying something totally different,which is a real shame IMO as I am starting to get a little bit bored of playing the same old stuff.Anyway enough of my rambling,what are you guys looking forward to getting your mitts on next year ?.

Oh yeah,just to pretty much contradict everything I have said I do quite fancy the new Army Of Two game which is of course a straight sequel of what was a blatant Gears Of War clone ! :)
Tue 22/12/09 at 11:43
Regular
"PS2 Gamer."
All the games I am looking forward to are;

Bioshock 2
Metal Gear Solid 5
Halo: Reach
Mass Effect 2
Star Wars: The Force Inleashed 2
=================================

And I am really looking forward to Fallout: New Vegas I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT!

I also hope another game is added to "The Elder Scrolls" series. :D
Mon 21/12/09 at 21:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Actually, I think that would peak my interest. The first was brilliant!
Mon 21/12/09 at 20:13
Regular
"And in last place.."
First game of 2010 that I'm really loking forward to is Bioshock 2. The may lose a little of the impact 2nd time round but it's still got my full attention.
Mon 21/12/09 at 19:11
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Grandprix wrote:
> Splinter Cell Conviction has been set at Feb 26th for a while
> now.

(wishes he had checked the release date before posting :S)

Hopefully it will be final date. It's been put back so many times! Thanks GP...now have a date to be excited for :)
Mon 21/12/09 at 19:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Splinter Cell Conviction has been set at Feb 26th for a while now.
Mon 21/12/09 at 18:55
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Would be interested in seeing Reach, hopefully it won't be utter toilet water like ODST.

The one I have been waiting for for what seems like FOREVER is Splinter Cell Conviction. Was meant to be delayed originially for a March 27th 2009 release, but still no sign of it actually being released yet (although I may have to check online...). Fingers crossed it will be out March 26th next year...2 days before my birthday :p
Sun 20/12/09 at 10:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
:( How has no one mentioned Final Fantasy 13 and 14? Going to be massive, love em or hate em.

Pretty much all I'm looking forward to to be honest.
Sat 19/12/09 at 21:52
Regular
"eat toast!"
Currently its Arkham asylum 2 and Mass Effect 2.

Oh and Ass Creed 2 on the pc.
Sat 19/12/09 at 18:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
Right,here's my list :

MotoGP 09/10 (Capcom's 08 version was great)
Army Of Two : 40th Day
Aliens : Colonial Marines
Crysis 2
Blur (from creators of the PGR series,looks fun)
Batman Arkham Asylum 2

May check out the Codemasters F1 game but it would be a try before you buy for me.Haven't played an F1 game in years so might be tempted.
Sat 19/12/09 at 11:39
Regular
"How Ironic"
NHL 11! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.