GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"US PS2 Import..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/04/04 at 22:18
Regular
Any ideas where to get one cheap? Only looking for serious replies from either importers or people who actually know what they are talking about. Looking at Darwock and others here if you may as I don't think lalakers knew much about importing into the UK from the US. Have seen one on Import Madness but I'm not paying £160 + when they retail for $99.

Any help would be appreciated finding the console as the games aren't a problem as Import Madness surprisingly enough have them pretty cheap.

Cheers.
Wed 14/04/04 at 22:18
Regular
Any ideas where to get one cheap? Only looking for serious replies from either importers or people who actually know what they are talking about. Looking at Darwock and others here if you may as I don't think lalakers knew much about importing into the UK from the US. Have seen one on Import Madness but I'm not paying £160 + when they retail for $99.

Any help would be appreciated finding the console as the games aren't a problem as Import Madness surprisingly enough have them pretty cheap.

Cheers.
Wed 14/04/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea sorry i'd like to help but my importing expertise is in the software side of things.
Wed 14/04/04 at 23:14
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
i imported a us ps2.
sold it for £130 made a profit of £50.

you really need a contct in the usa.
or find out if you can get a sony company
in the usa to give you a form.
i was lucky and got one of e-bay for £50
Wed 14/04/04 at 23:17
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
i did import an Ps2.(just remembered there)
a few years back
i did contact the company and got a registration form.
for a year i was getting us ps2 games.
once you get the form they sent me catalogues with
various items.
Wed 14/04/04 at 23:36
Regular
Could always try eBay ;)

May I ask why you want one though?
Thu 15/04/04 at 00:54
Regular
"accidental superher"
Peanut Head wrote:
> Could always try eBay ;)

i got mine from ebay
>
> May I ask why you want one though?

xenosaga episodes 1 (and 2 -out later this year i think), suikoden III (and IV -out later this year), FF games in full 60Hz, get most releases early (mmmm onimusha 3 in may!)
Thu 15/04/04 at 07:16
Regular
Peanut Head wrote:

Yes, the European PS2 releases are nothing short of a joke.

From what I have seen from the RPG's released state side the PS2 is a far better console out there than the European release calendar suggests.

Even the better games like Devil May Cry get watered down for a European release with borders and what not.

I want to play decent games like Xenosaga, not some crap movie tie in or a new release for a series already released to death.
Thu 15/04/04 at 08:58
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Peanut Head wrote:
>
> Yes, the European PS2 releases are nothing short of a joke.
>
> From what I have seen from the RPG's released state side the PS2 is a
> far better console out there than the European release calendar
> suggests.
>
> Even the better games like Devil May Cry get watered down for a
> European release with borders and what not.
>
> I want to play decent games like Xenosaga, not some crap movie tie in
> or a new release for a series already released to death.

Yep, tis' very true. And you've got Star Ocean: Till The End of Time out in June as well I think Stateside.

In all honesty mate, I'd try and clobber a little more cash together and buy a modified PAL unit. Reason being is that, unless you find someone selling a US machine in this country, your going to be paying around £160 anyway, due to the cost of the shipping and in all probability, customs as well.

With a modified PAL unit, you'll play any PS1 and PS2 game from any region AND you have the option of playing some frankly awesome Japanese games, such as: Bujingai, Katamari Damacy, Winning Eleven 7 International, Dodonpachi Daioujou, Castle of Shikigami 2 and the list goes on and on.

If however, your still keen on a US machine, drop by the NTSC-UK forum and post something in the Wanted section.

[URL]http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/[/URL]
Thu 15/04/04 at 09:54
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Don't even consider actually importing a console from the US, it's not even worth the stress. Get one from a reputable import store in the UK - if they don't have stock most can usually source one for you.
Thu 15/04/04 at 10:11
Regular
I live in a very small village near a small town with only major video game retail stores. Any ideas what sort of stores I need to be looking at to get a US PS2? There was one not too far from where I live but it was shut down last year after a lot of trouble with Nintendo and he was forced to close his business.

Cheers for the help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.