GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Classic PC- Deus Ex"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deux Ex'.
Fri 16/04/04 at 11:02
Regular
I found this cheap the other day, and remembering the rave critical acclaim, I tried it.

But the thing is, although I could understand SOME darkness in the game, this is taking pisss! You can barely see what anything is. You walk into a wall and all you see is pitch black. You turn around looking for some light to see where you are. No dice.

So you turn and hold forward until you think you can see something.

Now personally, it's so poor that I'm starting to think my set-up is wrong with the graphics card... I mean people loved this game, and I don't care what difference of opinions people have, no one would find the game I played fun!

Anysway, if anyone has an inkling of what I'm saying then any help would be appreciated. :-)

See how I always wind up here whenever I buy a PC game?
Stupid bugged things! :-D
Fri 16/04/04 at 11:02
Regular
I found this cheap the other day, and remembering the rave critical acclaim, I tried it.

But the thing is, although I could understand SOME darkness in the game, this is taking pisss! You can barely see what anything is. You walk into a wall and all you see is pitch black. You turn around looking for some light to see where you are. No dice.

So you turn and hold forward until you think you can see something.

Now personally, it's so poor that I'm starting to think my set-up is wrong with the graphics card... I mean people loved this game, and I don't care what difference of opinions people have, no one would find the game I played fun!

Anysway, if anyone has an inkling of what I'm saying then any help would be appreciated. :-)

See how I always wind up here whenever I buy a PC game?
Stupid bugged things! :-D
Fri 16/04/04 at 11:33
Regular
Press F12 when playing you tassel ;)
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
There's a topic in the PC Gaming forum about how bad this game really is. All it ever gave you were a few choices. The graphics were MegaDrive standard, and the shooting was awkward. The plot may have been good, but the game was a bit naff - should have made it into a book!
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:08
Regular
Thats because you are retarded. You are either thick or have a short attention span if you fail to see the glory of Deus Ex.
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That may be so.
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:26
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I agree with my fellow retard Monkeyman. Every misson that I played seemed to offer the same "linear non-linearity". An option to storm in and get involved in a shoot out, a sneaky route avoiding conflict and an informant who can be bribed into giving you a way through.

And there was no ability for my operative to moon people in a provokative manner, in order to lure them into my traps.

A huge oversight.
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:47
Regular
If there are mission objectives then linear gameplay is a complete must otherwise you could avoid the mission all together. I can't understand what people actually want, it's about as non linear as a game gets that has an objective based story. You can go off and do little side missions and what not in between the main story but the game gives you the choice of how you wish to approach each mission depending on what style of game you enjoy most - RPG - Action - Stealth with the heavier focus being on the RPG side of gaming. Granted the shooting sections weren't very good but I struggle to think of one RPG natured game with decent shooting sections.

I seriously worry about the mental capacity of some people and their ability to appreciate one of the finest games ever created. If you want to run along and play generic PS2 game number 450 then don't complain about classics like Deus Ex.

As for the graphics problem, it was released in 2000 you silly titups, of course playing it now makes it look dated, if I started playing PSONE games again I would expect the same. At the time it was nothing special from a technical point of view (apart from the amazing score) and it never set out to be that way, it did though manage to look nice enough to enjoy and it certainly was above average for the time it was released. Possibly the finest RPG to be released in Europe - Skies of Arcadia - looks very bland and average from a graphical point of view, that doesn't stop it from playing like a dream.
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:54
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Thats because you are retarded. You are either thick or have a short
> attention span if you fail to see the glory of Deus Ex.

You really hate other peoples opinions, don't you?
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:55
Regular
I fail to see where the opinion of "it has Mega Drive graphics" steps in, its a retarded comment.

Care to say different?
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:59
Regular
It was a "retarded comment" yes, but there was no need to insult the guy. He was just saying what he and some others thought of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.