GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What games do you guys have?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/04/04 at 21:31
"NKDEF BFJvsdbnefv d"
I have:
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Pro Evolution Soccer 2
LMA Manager 2004
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

What about you?
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:55
Regular
"None Stored"
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Burnout
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grant Thetf Auto: Vice City
James Bond: Agent Under FIre
James Bond: Nightfire
Manhunt
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Ratchet and Clank
Red Faction
Red Faction 2
Ridge Racer V
Silent Scope
State of Emergency
Tekken 4
The Getaway
The Simpsons Road Rage
Timesplitters
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
X Squad
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:50
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:

> Very much so, it is up to you when to go do a mission, you can
> revisit the areas you've completed as well as being able to go to the
> item world and levelling up all your items ranging from 30 floors for
> normal items to 100 floors for legendary items. Characters as well
> can equip virtually any weapon you give them so you can make them a
> master of every class of which there are about 150 i think. If you're
> a fanboy of strategy RPG's like myself and love a good bit of
> levelling and making your characters have superhuman strength then
> it's definitly for you

Thanks for that. Will defintely check that out I think. Never been one into my Tactial RPG, but I don't mind a bit of levelling-up. :)

> Indeed and like you say if it has so much text then i really can't
> see them translating it into spanish, german etc etc Another benefit
> of being in Europe

Absolutely. See the sublime Suikoden 3 for proof. In anycase, even if it was released, it isn't one of the following:

- A GTA game
- Final Fantasy
- Licensed dross

So therefore, wouldn't sell.

> Yea i was actually having a butchers at that the other day looks
> quite good. Trouble is i keep getting new games so i hardly ever
> finish them :-D I'm trying to get as many finished before La Pucelle
> Tactics comes out because i think that will consume all my time as
> well.

Seriously man. Geddit. It's utterly brilliant. Dante bows before Gackt and his uberness. :)

I had that problem with too many games on the go. I've actually confined myself to one game at a time, well games that require dedication to complete. At the moment, I'm on the last chapter on Ninja Gaiden on the XBox, then I'll make a start on something else. Probably Onimusha 3 or Hitman Contracts.
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sandbox Magician wrote:
> I haven't actually got Disgaea. But I've heard nothing but good things
> about it; a very open-ended tactical RPG I've heard - would you
> agree?

Very much so, it is up to you when to go do a mission, you can revisit the areas you've completed as well as being able to go to the item world and levelling up all your items ranging from 30 floors for normal items to 100 floors for legendary items. Characters as well can equip virtually any weapon you give them so you can make them a master of every class of which there are about 150 i think. If you're a fanboy of strategy RPG's like myself and love a good bit of levelling and making your characters have superhuman strength then it's definitly for you. Best game i've played since Final Fantasy Tactics

> As for European Star Ocean 3, I would say it's very unlikely too due
> to the other languages involved and just look how long this one has
> taken to translate for the US market.

Indeed and like you say if it has so much text then i really can't see them translating it into spanish, german etc etc Another benefit of being in Europe

> If you want a game that exhudes pure style, which better's Devil May
> Cry IMO, then get yourself a copy of Bujingai mate. An absolutely
> immense game.

Yea i was actually having a butchers at that the other day looks quite good. Trouble is i keep getting new games so i hardly ever finish them :-D I'm trying to get as many finished before La Pucelle Tactics comes out because i think that will consume all my time as well
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I haven't actually got Disgaea. But I've heard nothing but good things about it; a very open-ended tactical RPG I've heard - would you agree?

As for European Star Ocean 3, I would say it's very unlikely too due to the other languages involved and just look how long this one has taken to translate for the US market.

If you want a game that exhudes pure style, which better's Devil May Cry IMO, then get yourself a copy of Bujingai mate. An absolutely immense game.
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sandbox Magician wrote:
> Wow! 4-5 years translating for what is effectively an old game. That's
> dedication.

Yea they've done quite a few RPG's from the SNES, stuff like Bahamut Lagoon and Tales of Phantasia. They're very good. I think they actually finished the text of SO it was just the graphics and stuff they were having a problem doing but i haven't been there for a while so they may have actually finished it

> I'm glad Square/Enix are taking their time with SO3. I reckon we
> could possibly see another great RPG on the PS2. Europe of course,
> probably won't see it anytime soon though.

Yea i reckon this will probably be the best RPG on PS2 (after Disgaea of course :-D) I'll be getting the American release anyway so to be honest i couldn't really care less if Europe got it or not.
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Wow! 4-5 years translating for what is effectively an old game. That's dedication.

I'm glad Square/Enix are taking their time with SO3. I reckon we could possibly see another great RPG on the PS2. Europe of course, probably won't see it anytime soon though.
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sandbox Magician wrote:

> Heh. To give you an idea of how much text was in the game (SO3). A
> Japanese friend of my missus had a look and even HE was bamboozled by
> it all, and suggested I give it a miss. :)

lol yea well if it was anything like Star Ocean on the SNES then there would be a ton, i think dejap are still translating that after about 4-5 years working on it, it was a good job Star Ocean 2 came out over here

> I'm gonna wait on DQVIII though. I'm going to wait for impressions
> and see how import-friendly it may or may not be.
>
> Just looking around, it's not on any release list yet, so August
> probably isn't the month I suspected.

Well gamefaqs has the american release for 2005 and the japanese one hasn't been announced yet so who knows. Luckily it looks like it might not be out in August, which is actually a good thing
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:12
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
> Yea i was going to get the japanese version of SO3 too but at the
> time i was just learning Japanese and going for an epic RPG wasn't
> exactly the best way to be eased in gently so i decided against it.
> However now i'm much better at it so DQVIII is on my shopping list of
> what to get however i may get SO3 first then once i've done that then
> get DQVIII

Heh. To give you an idea of how much text was in the game (SO3). A Japanese friend of my missus had a look and even HE was bamboozled by it all, and suggested I give it a miss. :)

I'm gonna wait on DQVIII though. I'm going to wait for impressions and see how import-friendly it may or may not be.

Just looking around, it's not on any release list yet, so August probably isn't the month I suspected.
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sandbox Magician wrote:

> Didn't realise Enix had even bothered to bring any of the DQ games to
> the West.
>
> I know they've recently released a remake of DQ5 in Japan for PS2.

Yea it was a very good game, i did find it a little annoying how to open something you had to go to the menu to open it instead of just pressing x or whatever but that was the only bad thing about it. And it had characters following each other on the map instead of disappearing into the main character always a nice plus
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sandbox Magician wrote:

> Dragon Quest knocks Final Fantasy into a cocked-hat for popularity.
> It's THE most popular series in Japan.

Yea i thought so

> I'm with you. I can't have SO3 and DQVIII on the go either. I did
> have the Japanese version of Star Ocean 3, but had to sell since the
> language barrier was insurmountable, but from what I played, it
> seemed like a very, very good RPG.

Yea i was going to get the japanese version of SO3 too but at the time i was just learning Japanese and going for an epic RPG wasn't exactly the best way to be eased in gently so i decided against it. However now i'm much better at it so DQVIII is on my shopping list of what to get however i may get SO3 first then once i've done that then get DQVIII

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.