GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield: Vietnam"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield Vietnam'.
Tue 20/04/04 at 22:19
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Wonderful game.
Wonderfully wonderful game.

Yep, got it the other day. God damn this game is class. I'd elaborate, and go into detail on how this rocks, and that rules - but I can't be bothered.

All I say is, this rocks. And that rules.

And the helicopters are just... woah.
Die ground troop mofos, eat my lead. And my aluminium, as I decide to try and guide my Huey towards them as I'm plummeting to the ground.

Anyone else got it?
Fri 23/04/04 at 12:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Can someone set me straight here? Is BF:Vietnam a standalone game? I
> wouldn't need 1942 would I?

No, it's not an expansion; it's a stand-alone game that doesn't require the original Battlefield 1942 to run. Oddly, I thought it was the sequel to the original, but Battlefield 2 was announced the other day and that lead me to believe that Vietnam wasn't so much a sequel, but a very good expansion.

> BTW, CoD is brilliant isn't it?

Yep, it's excellent. I'm playing it through for the third time and it's still as great to play as when I first got the game. Can't wait for the expansion pack.
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:48
Regular
Can someone set me straight here? Is BF:Vietnam a standalone game? I wouldn't need 1942 would I?

I've only just bought Call of Duty (after my PC miraculously decided to start playing games) and have been keeping an eye on the BF games for some time.

If you don't need 1942, I'll probably buy it.

BTW, CoD is brilliant isn't it?
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cyclone wrote:
> MiG 17/21's yeah?

Didn't see this.

Yeah, they;re Mig-21's.
Thu 22/04/04 at 23:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I chose Twin Snakes - but if I win again (I hope) I'll claim this.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:08
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd say go for Vietnam. It's buggy, but if you want it, it's better to get it for free then to pay £30 for it like I did.
Wed 21/04/04 at 19:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I just won GAD, so if my cheeky claim (Xbox Live) doesn't work, which it probably won't, it'll be this, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes or Crimson Skies on the Xbox that get's my choice.

I'll have a think.
Wed 21/04/04 at 16:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
An ideal replacement would be the Remington Shotgun. About as powerful as the rifle the NVA get, and fair considering the power of both the Grenade and Rocket Launcher.
Wed 21/04/04 at 16:25
"Genius!"
I would like it so the M60 had no law or grenade launcher, and maybe it could have an overload system thing. That would make it more balanced.
Wed 21/04/04 at 15:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Got a link? There has already been mention of a patch that was supposed to fix the M60 (which also said you could only use it when prone) but it turned out to be a hoax.

It'd be great if true, Day of Defeat is a prime example of how weapons like machine guns should be used, you can fire from the hip when running but accuracy is all but diminished making the weapon impossible to fire properly, but set it when prone and it becomes an effective killing tool.

But with the amount of bugs the game has (and from the message board I've been too, there are allot of bugs) it'd be a pretty hefty download if true.

And while I'm at it, I'll take this time to say that EA's customer support is pretty much non-existent. They haven't bothered to reply to any of the posts listing problems on the official site and have only gone as far to post a massage, which basically reads, “fix the problems yourself". I'm going to be extra careful when it comes to EA games in the future.
Wed 21/04/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
According to a post I read at jolt.co.uk, a patch will be out soon which makes this more balanced- the M60 can only be fired from a prone position.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.