GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LIES, HYPE AND ERGH, GT3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 01:11
Regular
What do you all think of it?

Sigh, I told you hype is a bad thing. But then a game like GT3 was never ever going to escape the inevitable.

Oh well, stop searching for the best driving game around - MSR is still the king.

Roll on Project Gotham.
Sat 21/07/01 at 20:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tony wrote:
> I think the game itself is superb. At least it will be as soon as I
> get to something quicker than an MX5.

The menu system seems
> ridiculous. Why do you have to go to "TRADE" to load a
> game?

What?? You go to trade to swap cars with other GT3 owners, don't you?

What's the best car to get first?? Anyone??

Also, I got a new one from SR. THANKS SR!!
Sat 21/07/01 at 20:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I think the game itself is superb. At least it will be as soon as I get to something quicker than an MX5.

The menu system seems ridiculous. Why do you have to go to "TRADE" to load a game?
Sat 21/07/01 at 20:29
When there is so much hype surrounding a big game, like there was around GT3 people sometimes expect too much from the game. Maybe people expected too much from GT3 and unfortunately it failed to deliver, other peole might think that it lived up to their expectations and is the greatest racer ever.
Sat 21/07/01 at 20:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ö=ResŒvilfan=Ö wrote:
> GT3 has been out 2 days and if you play it alot you'll see how
> wonderfull it is and why does everybody say that it's an update of
> GT2,the analog buttons alow you to keep a constant speed of your
> choice which allows tail gating and a whole list of stuff previously
> impossible with GT1+2.

Yep, there are quite a few new gameplay aspects in GT3.

The game isn't perfect and i really think
> the producers spent more time on the graphics than the game
> itself,even so the soundtrack is buuzing,the light,sun,wet effects
> are stunning and it may not be the best driving simulator but no
> game captures the experience of driving these sweet cars like GT3.

Yep, it is the most realistic driving game out, and it also has new tracks and championships in season mode.
Sat 21/07/01 at 20:16
Lets hope the Getaway, The Stuntman or Driver 3 comes here soon.

Never liked GT much anyway.
Sat 21/07/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Back For Good"
GT3 has been out 2 days and if you play it alot you'll see how wonderfull it is and why does everybody say that it's an update of GT2,the analog buttons alow you to keep a constant speed of your choice which allows tail gating and a whole list of stuff previously impossible with GT1+2.

The game isn't perfect and i really think the producers spent more time on the graphics than the game itself,even so the soundtrack is buuzing,the light,sun,wet effects are stunning and it may not be the best driving simulator but no game captures the experience of driving these sweet cars like GT3.
Sat 21/07/01 at 19:54
Regular
"everyone says it"
Does anyone know the orange credit check number for PAYG phones??

Thanks
Sat 21/07/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
GT3 is a great game, its just not amazing.

Main criticisms aimed at GT3;

Less cars-So what, any other good racing game has near 200? Didn't think so.

Slowed down-Play GT2 and GT3 back to back and still say that.

Just a straight update, no new features just spankier looking-Wrong again, although not really innovative GT3 includes qualifing sessions, the championships are set up differently and there are more of them.

GT3 is a great game and people forget this because they were expecting something mind-blowing. Sure its not a "Oh my God, WOW!" game but I seriously doubt we will see more than 2 of these on any console in the next 2 years.

GT3 is great, respect it and play it in the in-car view unless you are crap from this view as it really improves the game.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:21
There's no doubt GT3 is a great game, but it's not "wow this has never been done before", the graphics are very impressive, around the same standard as F355, the handling is the same - the game has slowed down a bit, but the lighting effects are brilliant, the cars look superb and they sound equally fantastic.
Ant, have you played GT3 on a mate's yet? Or did you take it back and get a working one. Sorry to hear about that - must be annoying!
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
ACTUALLY, GT3 has a series of new tracks, amazing graphics, and a rather different single player mode-with a new setup, and a very different way of finding cars and playing around with them.

I prefer it to MSR by quite a lot (which I have played rather a lot at a youth club.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.