GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LIES, HYPE AND ERGH, GT3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 01:11
Regular
What do you all think of it?

Sigh, I told you hype is a bad thing. But then a game like GT3 was never ever going to escape the inevitable.

Oh well, stop searching for the best driving game around - MSR is still the king.

Roll on Project Gotham.
Sat 21/07/01 at 01:11
What do you all think of it?

Sigh, I told you hype is a bad thing. But then a game like GT3 was never ever going to escape the inevitable.

Oh well, stop searching for the best driving game around - MSR is still the king.

Roll on Project Gotham.
Sat 21/07/01 at 01:13
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Never played GT3

Never played MSR

Never played GSR

Never played GT2

Never played GT1

Never played ... okay... i'll stop now
Sat 21/07/01 at 01:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well, I knew it wouldn't live up to expectations. Originally it was only supposed to be a pretty version of GT2 anyway, so what did you expect?
Sat 21/07/01 at 01:19
Stop making excuses - that's like saying the PS2 is only a pretty version of the PSX.

Sony - you stink.
Sat 21/07/01 at 01:21
"the release of GT3 may be good for finances in sony's view, but it's another victory for Nintendo and Microsoft"
Sat 21/07/01 at 01:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But that's all it was meant to be, but it was blown wa out of proportion.
Sat 21/07/01 at 02:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I liked it, and I think if you haven't ever played GT or GT2 then you're going to be blown away by the sheer size of GT3.

If you HAVE played GT2, then the gameplay is similar, but the graphics ARE an improvement.

Personally, having owned and played GT and GT2 on the PSX, I'd be buying GT3 if I had a PS2 after the little 20 minute trial I had on it earlier this week.

FM Verdict: The best racer on the PS2.
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:47
Regular
"Back For Good"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Stop making excuses - that's like saying the PS2 is only a pretty
> version of the PSX.

Sony - you stink.

why do you keep going on and on about sony?

you've either got nothing else to do or you're jealous.probably a bit of both and GT1 and 2 don't use analog buttones or force feedback so it's there different.
Sat 21/07/01 at 12:41
One sentence saying that they stink does not constitute going on and on about them.

TN - when did Sony say GT3 would just be a prettier version of GT2? I'm sure they didn't want many people to hear it when and if they did.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
ACTUALLY, GT3 has a series of new tracks, amazing graphics, and a rather different single player mode-with a new setup, and a very different way of finding cars and playing around with them.

I prefer it to MSR by quite a lot (which I have played rather a lot at a youth club.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.