GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AOL, BT or Freeserve...............?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 00:55
Regular
I am currently using AOL, the one where you pay £14.99 a month and can use it as much as you like. This would be a very good deal if AOL didnt keep crashing.

BT and Freeserve also offer a similar deal and I was wondering whether to change servers?

Around now (12pm) AOL works fine but between 1pm and 7pm its just chaos, because all the Americans come online.

Do you get this problem with BT or Freeserve?

Thanks

Dav1d
Sat 21/07/01 at 20:44
Regular
That 2 hour business thing with BT sounds like it could get a bit annoying, but AOL cut you off every 10 minutes, and thats if youre lucky enough to get on in the first place!
Sat 21/07/01 at 11:47
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I use Freeserve Off-peak, whih is using BT Surftime. It's £5.99 a Month for no call charges between 6pm and 8am Mon to Thurs, and 6pm Fri till 8am Mon.

I've never had prpblems getting on, although I do get cut off sometimes late at night.... but generally it's a great service. When I did have a problem Freeserve helped quickly acctually, and didn't even cost me 50p a min or whatever it is ... but I don't find any problems with it, and £5.99 is great, if your willing to wait till 6 to use it.
Sat 21/07/01 at 11:27
Regular
"It's Only Me"
I also tried the AOL unlimited access last December.
I cancelled it less than 2 months in because I could never get connected & when I did the speed was just about non existent.
Doesn't sound like its improved any.
Sat 21/07/01 at 11:22
Regular
"It's Only Me"
I've been with BT Internet for about 18 months.
I'm now use the BTInternet Anytime service.
Can't say I've had any problems in all that time.
The only annoying thing with them is that they cut you off after 2 hours online, whether you are downloading or not.
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:19
Regular
I have had BT for about 2 years and it's been fine all the time.
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:15
BT cut you off every 2 hours they say it is for your security, as if.

Freeserve are tied in with BT so you will probably get the same problem.

NTL do a reasonable service for £15 a month, they supply a box that plugs into your phoneline.

or if Telewest are in your area you can change to them this includes your phoneline, and they charge £15-£25 a month for internet access.
Sat 21/07/01 at 00:55
Regular
I am currently using AOL, the one where you pay £14.99 a month and can use it as much as you like. This would be a very good deal if AOL didnt keep crashing.

BT and Freeserve also offer a similar deal and I was wondering whether to change servers?

Around now (12pm) AOL works fine but between 1pm and 7pm its just chaos, because all the Americans come online.

Do you get this problem with BT or Freeserve?

Thanks

Dav1d

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.