GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AOL, BT or Freeserve...............?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 00:55
Regular
I am currently using AOL, the one where you pay £14.99 a month and can use it as much as you like. This would be a very good deal if AOL didnt keep crashing.

BT and Freeserve also offer a similar deal and I was wondering whether to change servers?

Around now (12pm) AOL works fine but between 1pm and 7pm its just chaos, because all the Americans come online.

Do you get this problem with BT or Freeserve?

Thanks

Dav1d
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:34
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
*chucks 2p worth in*

I use BT Anytime and although it does sometimes have problems I don't think any ISP has a 100% connection rate and website uptime. I prefer BT over AOL which I've used in the past as it means I don't have to deal with their irritating (to me) software. It does cut you off after 2 hours but even if you're trying to download large files, so long as you use Getright or somethign similar it isn't really an issue as you can reconnect as many times as you like.

Oh, and to use BT Anytime you have to have a BT line, it won't work with cable etc, they used to allow it but stopped a few months ago, so that's worth considering.
Sun 22/07/01 at 14:38
Regular
cjh wrote:
Would you say your a heavy Net user though??? 'cus some ISP's are better for that, as in Monthly rather that per min.

I dont use the Internet for long periods of time, I just like to come on to check me mail, and write in these chat forums! :0)

What would be the best option for that scenario?
Sun 22/07/01 at 13:23
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Anyway, to the person who started, try them all, seems like differnt area's of the UK get better connections that others.

AOL have that Free trial, Freeserve will cost a little on the phoen bill, under £1 for a good test I'd say and BT, well, probably works best if your a BT user, naturally you'd come first over other Phone Company users.

Just give it a go, and let us know how it turns out.

Would you say your a heavy Net user though??? 'cus some ISP's are better for that, as in Monthly rather that per min.
Sun 22/07/01 at 12:24
I agree AOL IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 22/07/01 at 12:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
We've had them all compuserve,freeserve,bt,ic24,msn,public online etc and trust me aol may not be perfect but it's by far the best of the bunch.
Sun 22/07/01 at 12:17
I didn't notice that typo!
Sun 22/07/01 at 12:16
Regular
*area
Sun 22/07/01 at 12:14
Regular
Everyone here seems to have different opinions....

Perhaps it depends on what are you live in?....
Sun 22/07/01 at 11:38
Regular
"How Handy."
I only signed up to BT the other week, and so far I've not had a single problem, the speed is blisteringly fast compared to both AOL and Freeserve. I also use a very good external modem, and yes the cutoff can get annoying but hey, live with it.
Sun 22/07/01 at 10:39
I used to be on BT Internet, last year, and it was rubbish. It cut oyu off every 2 hours you dont know how annoying that is. I could never get a good connection to them and I was cut off every 20 mins or so. and If I tried to go on after 9pm I couldnt load up any web pages, They just cut me off.

Now I use AOL and it is wonderful. The thing I like most is that your EMails are sent straight to your door, so to speak, you dont have to load up outlook, and wait for it to check. You can IM all your buddies online, it's really good. I dont have a problem with connection speed. It works much faster than BT and Freeserve. It just depends which number you dial up for, If you do a search, it tells you which number is best for you.

AOL has a free Customer service line, BT and Freeserve dont. The best ISP for me is AOL, then Freeserve, because I can get a fast connection with them and finally BT, which is terrible.

Seeya

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.