GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AOL, BT or Freeserve...............?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 00:55
Regular
I am currently using AOL, the one where you pay £14.99 a month and can use it as much as you like. This would be a very good deal if AOL didnt keep crashing.

BT and Freeserve also offer a similar deal and I was wondering whether to change servers?

Around now (12pm) AOL works fine but between 1pm and 7pm its just chaos, because all the Americans come online.

Do you get this problem with BT or Freeserve?

Thanks

Dav1d
Sat 28/07/01 at 22:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
ADSL!

You luck get, I can only dream...
Sat 28/07/01 at 13:28
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Unfortunately Mewtwo, the only broadband option for most of us is ADSl which, at its cheapest is £40 a month! AOL charge £50 a month for it!
Sat 28/07/01 at 09:33
Carn't you get broadand in your area? If you can don't wory about the cost's broadband is exelent I could never use a Dial up again. If you live in NTL or Telwest coverage area you can get 512K for £25 or £33 a month.
Sat 28/07/01 at 03:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Telewest, wahay!

Sony are using them for high speed broadband trials.

I like Telewest, it's a shame they don't like me. They refure to grace my house with their fibre optic arms. Damn them.
Fri 27/07/01 at 09:08
Regular
The Freeola number has got a few problems due to the fact that it is run by Redstone. We will be anouncing a new number soon which will be through Teklewest who are much more technicaly and financialy stable.
Fri 27/07/01 at 02:31
Different ISPs do work better in some areas of the country.
This is usually dependent on where your local server is,
And how many people in your area are using it.

With AOL make sure you have the right version for your
operating system.

Also removing the AOL icon from the system tray can help.

Try a different dial-up number from the setup menu.
Fri 27/07/01 at 01:25
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I thought Freeola guarantee first time connections.

God, I haven't dialled up to Freeola in AGES!!!
Fri 27/07/01 at 01:13
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just wondering if everyting is 100% with Freeola connections?? When I try connecting, always the first attempted fails, but the second works fine, but sometimes I'm cut off, but the third time (if needed) always works.... this shouldn't be though, should it???
Thu 26/07/01 at 16:14
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Thanks Freeola guy. I guess Freeola don't have to worry about this coz they charge at a local rate.
Thu 26/07/01 at 15:08
Regular
The reason BT cuts you off is to stop modem hogs. These are people who connect to the net and stay perminantly connected even when they are not using their connection. These people use up all the modem banks which causes engaged tones. You can get round this by using a download utility which automatically re-connects and resumes the download

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.