GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Disgaea: Hour of Darkness"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Disgaea: Hour of Darkness'.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I noticed that a lot of people have been talking about this game recently and I thought that it would be good to have your opinions of it. Lalakersrule says that he has clocked up 800 hours on it so either it is very very addictive or Lalakersrule is extremely sad. ;-) Anyway, I was looking through the latest issue of Official Playstation Two Magazine and I saw a preview of it and to my horror it only had a quarter of a page when GTA: San Andreas had six pages on it! So I looked down and saw why. 2D graphics!!! I know that it has sold millions in Japan and other countries but I never thought that it would have Two-dimesional graphics. I am not saying that graphics are the most important part of a game but I expected a game that had sold so well to have at least half-decent graphics for god's sake. But I still think that after so many good reviews there is quite a large chance of me buying it when it comes out over here.

So what do you guys think of it? I don't want people saying stuff like 'oh yeah, it sounds good'. I want people who have imported it to give me a first-hand review and help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Wakka.
Page:
Wed 28/07/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Smashamof wrote:
> >How old are you?
>
> I are 15 and yourself?

I am 12.
Wed 28/07/04 at 09:19
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Coin wrote:
> SF 2 is a SNES game originally. (So yeah it's old.)
>
> Being re-realesed though - right Wakka? On the GBA?

Ah, so it's not on the PS2? I shall have a browse for it whilst shopping today. If it's cheap I may pick it up as well.

> Disgaea's good, but you need a lot, and a lot, and a lot of time on
> your hands. Like a month. Or two. Solid.

Well time is never really a friend in life, but, if it's that addictive, I'm sure I'll keep going back to it. :D

> Also, reccomend playing Dark Chronicle if your less into the whole
> tactic thing and more into the whole 'Real Time' battles. Brilliant
> game.

Yup, got this and am enjoying it despite not being very far. :S T'is a great game though.
Wed 28/07/04 at 08:57
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> So who can tell me (don't all rush now) what is the point of making a
> character of the next class level - like making a new Sniper when my
> Archer has better stats as it is.
> Explain.

Well i've just bought FF tactics, n put 20 hours on the clock in a week, but me thinks it's so you can become a assassin, which in my books is worth it all the way!
Wed 28/07/04 at 05:01
Regular
"Bicycle"
SF 2 is a SNES game originally. (So yeah it's old.)

Being re-realesed though - right Wakka? On the GBA?

Disgaea's good, but you need a lot, and a lot, and a lot of time on your hands. Like a month. Or two. Solid.

Also, reccomend playing Dark Chronicle if your less into the whole tactic thing and more into the whole 'Real Time' battles. Brilliant game.
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:39
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Wakka wrote:
> Smashamof wrote:
>
> Yeah, well if it is that good that quickly, I'm sure i'll like it
> and
> based on what I read in the original post, it sounds veeeeerrry
> loooooong.
>
> You actually read the original post. Wow that is rare.

Yeah, I normally read the whole thing, but this topic has too many pages so I thought: Meh. But I always read the originall post before deciding to read or not...

> If thats aimed at me, then sorry, no. I pretty sure I've heard of
> it,
> is it an RPG?
>
> Then you have never lived.

Heh, when I read this before I replyed, I thought it said: Then you have never Lied. I thought that was a bit random. :S

> It is the best game ever (in my opinion)
> and is indeed an RPG.

Sounds cool, but would have to look into it before having an opinion of my own, is it an oldy or quite new?

>How old are you?

I are 15 and yourself?
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Smashamof wrote:

> Yeah, well if it is that good that quickly, I'm sure i'll like it and
> based on what I read in the original post, it sounds veeeeerrry
> loooooong.

You actually read the original post. Wow that is rare.

> If thats aimed at me, then sorry, no. I pretty sure I've heard of it,
> is it an RPG?

Then you have never lived. It is the best game ever (in my opinion) and is indeed an RPG. How old are you?
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:24
Regular
"French the Fries!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Well, it's a tactical RPG rather than an adventuring one like most FFs
> are. Apart from FF Tactics, obviously - look at that if you want a
> similarity.
>

Thats cool, I've played Gladius and heard that FF Tactics is like that, although I have played FF Tactics on the GBA but only for about half and hour or so, so never got to experience it fully...

Wakka wrote:
> Hey dude,
>
> If you like RPGs then you officially 'cool' in my books.

Lol :)
Nice to know I'm appreciated (sort of).

> Anyway, Disgaea is absolutely brilliant. I have only played it for 4
> hours but already love it. I am currently saving up for it and will
> get to experience it fully, soon.

Yeah, well if it is that good that quickly, I'm sure i'll like it and based on what I read in the original post, it sounds veeeeerrry loooooong.

> One question - Have you every played Shining Force 2?

If thats aimed at me, then sorry, no. I pretty sure I've heard of it, is it an RPG?
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:10
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Hey dude,

If you like RPGs then you officially 'cool' in my books.

Anyway, Disgaea is absolutely brilliant. I have only played it for 4 hours but already love it. I am currently saving up for it and will get to experience it fully, soon.

One question - Have you every played Shining Force 2?
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:10
"period drama"
Well, it's a tactical RPG rather than an adventuring one like most FFs are. Apart from FF Tactics, obviously - look at that if you want a similarity.

So who can tell me (don't all rush now) what is the point of making a character of the next class level - like making a new Sniper when my Archer has better stats as it is.
Explain.
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:04
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Hey,

I am seriously considering buying this game, and was wondering what it is like. I am a huge fan of RPGs and I will probably enjoy this game, but was just wondering how it compares to others in the same genre(?) such as the Final Fantasy series.

Cheers.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.