GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So booked next Friday off work..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ninja Gaiden'.
Mon 26/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
In preperation for Ninja Gaiden ;)

Manager -

"Doing anything special?"

Me -

"Err ye, err work".

Me = muchly looking forward to this. Will probably play it pretty much for fire and become freakishly good at it for the tournaments. Tis the only Xbox game that interests me for a long time, I just hope it can withstand some serious play time.

Anyone going to download the time trial missions when they are released?
Thu 29/04/04 at 20:35
Regular
That was aimed st Stridman by the way.
Thu 29/04/04 at 20:51
Regular
": ("
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Yes that's because you are at school, I don't have the time. Got a dog
> to look after, night school for my HNC in computing software design,
> I am up at 5:45am every morning to get to work, get home around
> 4:15pm and then have a City and Guilds course in web design to do as
> well on top of my HNC. Just because that ignorant t*at probably drops
> in from urinating around at school only to go out of the house with
> nothing else to do doesn't mean that everyone else can do that. I
> play games and watch Newcastle in-between what is otherwise a pretty
> hectic life.

Errm...i get up at 6am every morning, have a dog to walk and have to do a job with my dad everyday.
Not to mention the amount of homeowrk i've been getting lately, im not saying you dont work hard but i think a school boy has more pressure than someone at work who doesn't need to do exams that could change their how life.
Thu 29/04/04 at 21:37
Regular
Yes of course school is harder, after all you don't even need to turn up to pass. If you seriously think school is hard then you are in for a big shock. Not only do I work but I also do an advanced City and Guilds web design course, a Higher National Certificate in Computing Software design which is 3 2 and a half hour sessions a week on top of my one 3 hour web design session a week. No offence but if you think that school is hard you have no idea. I didn't even need to turn up to get decent grades, GCSE's were easy, beyond belief.

GCSE's are a joke, complete pis* take and A Levels seem mickey mouse stuff these days unless you are aiming towards doing something worth while instead of wa**king about doing Media Studies and all the hilaroiusly lay about subjects.

Not only that but I have to learn Java and Progress as part of my job
Thu 29/04/04 at 21:44
Regular
You're doing web design? What are you doing at the moment?
Thu 29/04/04 at 21:46
Regular
My course finish in 8 weeks. Doing a 10 page web site using everything covered so far from frame sets through to meta tags, just about everything really.
Thu 29/04/04 at 21:52
Regular
Ah, okay. I'll have to start thinking about getting used to META tags, after writing about 7 sites I still haven't really tried to use them. Never thought they were that important but what with me starting an online cv I think I'd better start.

Good luck, I can't stand using frames :-D
Thu 29/04/04 at 21:56
Regular
Ye Meta Tags are always my weakness, purely because despite being a massive factor I always forget about them. Frames are a barstuard as well, especially when even though the syntax is correct it just doesn't display correctly due to something as simple as a horizontal rule interfearing with buttons within the frame. Spent ages last week trying to find out a problem very similar and simple yet such a tw*t ass to spot.
Thu 29/04/04 at 21:59
Regular
The easiest problems are always the worse. I remember working for hours on one Perl script just to find I missed out a ';'.
Thu 29/04/04 at 22:01
we are not all at school. But you obviously got it worse than anyone.... apologies
Thu 29/04/04 at 22:03
Regular
Why apologise, I do what I do to keep the future bright. I don't want to come across looking for sympathy, it's just I have holiday to get in and booked it off when Ninja Gaiden is going to be released so I can actually play it in peace without hassle for a few hours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.