GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grrrrrrrraphics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 01:36
Regular
So there I stood, horse by my side and I looked at the scenery, mountains, villages, people, trees, rocks and so much more it was beautiful. This is graphics, we tend to ignore such features when we are caught up in the gameplay but when the action has calmed down stop and look, by doing this you can tell how hard the developers have tried with this game.

The example I gave above is from Zelda one of the more beautiful and detailed games and we all know how much effort went into that game. Graphics are important to developers, as when people see the games on the TV or in the magazine they can’t say, “as you can see the gameplay are outstanding” You can’t tell things like that from a picture or a video clip. What you can comment upon is how well it looks and that is how graphics come into play.

Which is why when you play a storming game it tends to have gorgeous graphics because if Zelda had Body Harvest style graphics on the advert how many would of still bought it? They would say it looked rubbish, which is something they shouldn’t do, as it isn’t. So to avoid this misunderstanding the game needs to look as well as play good. Body Harvest played a dream but it had shoddy graphics, I didn’t mind I don’t care but Body harvest costs a tenner and why? Because it didn’t sell because people looked at the game and saw it as a pathetic waste of time which it isn’t!

If the developers of the game spent an extra few months and improved the graphics it would of undoubtedly sold a lot more. Which is why consoles try to make the graphics look better with better chip and also so the graphics are easier for developers to implement. The Gamecube’s graphics compression chip which compresses 50mb worth of graphics into 8mb making it much easier.

So the future of gaming is looking much nicer, the PS2 has gorgeous graphics, the DC’s were lovely in fact I found the 64’s nice and I’m betting the Gamecube and the X-box will take graphics even further and the consoles to follow will do the same. The future of graphics is something that we can be sure will be nicer and is something we can all look forward to.

Here's to the future

Dringo
Fri 20/07/01 at 10:09
Regular
"Back For Good"
Dav1d wrote:
> Imagine a game without graphics... hmmmmmmmmm

they already made one it's called vib ribbon, hahaha
Fri 20/07/01 at 01:11
Regular
all in good time, but not today.
Fri 20/07/01 at 01:05
Regular
Really??? Ok oh and change your name back to Ortega pleeeeaaaaaassssse!
Fri 20/07/01 at 00:45
Regular
u cant watcg the match in championship manager
Fri 20/07/01 at 00:43
Regular
ERm until you press watch match.
Thu 19/07/01 at 23:17
Regular
already available, Championship manager.
Thu 19/07/01 at 23:16
Regular
Imagine a game without graphics... hmmmmmmmmm
Thu 19/07/01 at 23:07
Regular
"Back For Good"
The PSX was using CD soundtracks and VCD video when producers were still trying put speech to he N64's long list of speech bubble text.
Thu 19/07/01 at 22:39
Regular
Psx owners were the ones who originally banged on about the flippin FMV's
Thu 19/07/01 at 22:35
Regular
LOL did he just say Nintendoid are mad on Graphics if they are they are in the worng boat!

Shigsy and the whole of Nintendo insist Gameplay comes above everything else! Shigsy says it is their key to success so...

If we are all noly on graphics then why we like Nitnendo????

This is a post about the importance of Graphics, i agree Gameplay is mroe important but it is about graphics so oddly enough people are talking about graphics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.