GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Fri 30/04/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I was flicking through the latest Official Playstation 2 magazine last night and I noticed a feature on Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. After I had read it I was so excited. It looks absolutely amazing. It is set in a jungle and you can do all sorts of brilliant things like put on camouflage to hide you from enemies. It looks as though it will take stealth games to a whole new level. Another great thing about it is that it doesn't include Raiden, you play through the whole game with Snake! Yay!

Here are a list of the guys it will feature:

CIA Chief
Khrushchev
Director Glanin
Director Sokolov
Enemy Soldier
Eva
Guard Johnny
Hanger Intercom
Ivan Radeinovich Raskov
Major Zero
MIG Pilot
Mr Sergeant
Ocelot
Paramedic
Parrot
Pentagon Official
President Johnson
Snake
The Boss
The End
The Fear
The Sorrow
Thuderbolt (Colonel)

I personally can't wait for this game as I love stealth games such as Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid and Manhunt. I feel that it is more tense and much more exciting to be creaping around in the shadows waiting for a guy to come near so I can kill him than running in and shooting them all dead. I think that Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater will be as brilliant and as fun as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and I hope it is as good.

What are your thoughts on the next Metal Gear Solid game? Are you looking forward to it as much as me? Discuss.
Sat 01/05/04 at 15:12
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Mav wrote:
> I want Meryl to make a come back.
>
> She was mysteriously absent from MGS2.

Meryl's dead mate the Hideo Kojima or whatever his name is chose the route from MGS1 where meryl dies and otacon comes along with you therefore you coulden't resist torture. If you do resist torture Otacon decides to kill himself which I was quite pleased with.

But oh well by the looks of it even Otacon is absent from the next game but Cambell's back (Meryl's Father) so theres still a bit of Meryl there for you Mav. And if you susoect Meryl is alive then your wrong because the Hideo made it clear that she dies then got crushed the got blown to smitherines.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Galacticdramon wrote:
> Some people say the Snake Eater bit is literal. As in you eat snakes.
>
> Truth?

I've seen screenshots of it so yup.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:27
Regular
"??????"
Some people say the Snake Eater bit is literal. As in you eat snakes.

Truth?
Sat 01/05/04 at 10:51
Regular
I want Meryl to make a come back.

She was mysteriously absent from MGS2.
Sat 01/05/04 at 00:33
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Im particually looking forward to seeing how bigger part this guy Parrot has to play in the game. Sounds interesting....

In all seriousness, i dont think we needed a list of all the characters, even down to the so wonderfully named Guard Johnny who is destined to be one of the guards caught sleeping while waiting to have his neck snapped.
Sat 01/05/04 at 00:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea for once he isn't quoting tons of text and actually trying to start a discussion. Don't criticise him when he's actually doing something good makes a change from the Fifa threads, which by the way do we really need 3 seperate topics for?

Anyway, so many characters. Me thinks there's going to be so many cutscenes as well
Fri 30/04/04 at 22:38
Regular
Dark didn't have to rip you to shreds for it, though. At least you were trying to spark some discussion.
Fri 30/04/04 at 21:59
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Mav wrote:
> To be fair, this thread doesn't tell us anything we don't already
> know.

I figured that.
Fri 30/04/04 at 18:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Wakka wrote:
> If you want to help learn to spell.

Hohoho.
Fri 30/04/04 at 17:59
Regular
To be fair, this thread doesn't tell us anything we don't already know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.