GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Fri 30/04/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I was flicking through the latest Official Playstation 2 magazine last night and I noticed a feature on Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. After I had read it I was so excited. It looks absolutely amazing. It is set in a jungle and you can do all sorts of brilliant things like put on camouflage to hide you from enemies. It looks as though it will take stealth games to a whole new level. Another great thing about it is that it doesn't include Raiden, you play through the whole game with Snake! Yay!

Here are a list of the guys it will feature:

CIA Chief
Khrushchev
Director Glanin
Director Sokolov
Enemy Soldier
Eva
Guard Johnny
Hanger Intercom
Ivan Radeinovich Raskov
Major Zero
MIG Pilot
Mr Sergeant
Ocelot
Paramedic
Parrot
Pentagon Official
President Johnson
Snake
The Boss
The End
The Fear
The Sorrow
Thuderbolt (Colonel)

I personally can't wait for this game as I love stealth games such as Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid and Manhunt. I feel that it is more tense and much more exciting to be creaping around in the shadows waiting for a guy to come near so I can kill him than running in and shooting them all dead. I think that Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater will be as brilliant and as fun as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and I hope it is as good.

What are your thoughts on the next Metal Gear Solid game? Are you looking forward to it as much as me? Discuss.
Sun 02/05/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Kind of ruins the legend of Snake knowing he submitted to the torture.
> He's meant to be the big badass who kicks all the enemies butts yet a
> bit of electro shock therapy and he gives in like a frenchman under
> attack, which cost the life of Meryl no less.

But throughout MGS Snake repeatedly used the phrase "The man is no match for the legend" so basicly Snake told everyone he was a weak wimp but no one listened.
Sun 02/05/04 at 12:23
Regular
i have heard (SLIGHT SPOILER!!!!!!!)

that your character is the son or future clone of Snake, put in a jungle set up, VR or in space etc, to mimick the scenario that big boss was in, hence the eye, to extract vital data from the clones brain.
Sun 02/05/04 at 11:35
Regular
"360: swfcman"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
> Isn't he the one who gets the squits in both games?
> I hope so - rather amusing.

True.

One of the more amusing moments on MGS for me is when Snake is captured and put in the cell, and you have to get out, by either hiding under the bed, or using the ketchup bottle.

Amused me getting the guard to come in and be staggered that Snake was 'Bleeding' only for him to get up and snap his neck.

Good stuff, in an evil sort of way.
Sun 02/05/04 at 01:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Kind of ruins the legend of Snake knowing he submitted to the torture. He's meant to be the big badass who kicks all the enemies butts yet a bit of electro shock therapy and he gives in like a frenchman under attack, which cost the life of Meryl no less.

One more bad decision on the part of Kojima in my opinion
Sat 01/05/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
You do play that game as Snake. I have seen it in my dreams and a trailor.
Sat 01/05/04 at 16:57
"period drama"
Yay for Ocelot.
But Vamp should make a return (somehow ...) because he totally ruled.
Sat 01/05/04 at 16:56
Regular
highly likely that u don't play the game through as snake.
Sat 01/05/04 at 16:56
"period drama"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Im particually looking forward to seeing how bigger part this guy
> Parrot has to play in the game. Sounds interesting....
>
> In all seriousness, i dont think we needed a list of all the
> characters, even down to the so wonderfully named Guard Johnny who is
> destined to be one of the guards caught sleeping while waiting to
> have his neck snapped.

Isn't he the one who gets the squits in both games?
I hope so - rather amusing.
Sat 01/05/04 at 16:54
"period drama"
Hmmm ...
Jungle environment are usually awful - either little straight passageways between inaccessable squares of jungle, or confusing mazes with no distinctive landmarks to go by.
Sat 01/05/04 at 16:51
Regular
Well that crushes my hopes.

Otacon killed himself then? Never knew that. Played the game a while back but didn't have the ridiculously fast finger power required to save Meryl so I submitted. Perhaps I'll give it another shot with The Twin Snakes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.