GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What I HATE About WWF"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 21:28
Regular
Okay, as you all know I like watching WWF. I like it a lot. Otherwise, why would I watch it?? But I don't love it-for quite a few reasons.

Before you read the rest of this post you must understand that I am a Christian.

Okay, why do I like WWF??

1. Matches-this is the main reason for watching WWF. I am in awe every night at how normal men can achieve incredible feats. I mean-I can't do an overhead suplex on my younger brother, let alone somebody weighing over 200 pounds!
Matches such as TLC and Hell In The Cell are great, as they are exciting and interesting. Rivalry matches are good, but can just turn into an all-out fight.
I especially enjoy watching single matches. Not too sure, but I enjoy studying their abilities in one-on-one matches.

2. Storyline-I like the talking backstage and in the ring. It makes matches more exciting to have a plot to it.

3. Favourite wrestlers-as with most sports, I have a favourite wrestler(s). My faves were Too Cool. Whenever I found out that they were on Raw and Smackdown-I was happy. When I found out that they were in a big match (title matches, rivalries etc,) I was felt even happier!
I loved watching Too Cool dance to the ring-and dance afterwards!
Now Grandmaster Sexay (my overall fav) has been fired, which is saddening. But I still support Scotty 2 Hotty-even though he doesn't dance as much. {:)

4. Comedy-the WWF can be rather funny at times, and I have laughed at many things before. It's entertaining at times, and a lot of fun.

Now this is all great. But there are many things I do not like about the WWF. They maybe small-but I don't like them.

1. The use of sex-Yes, it's okay to have beautiful women on WWF. That's great. I also don't mind them being scantily clad. But there is one thing that really got me-when sex was used.
Remember the Trish-Mr McMahon angle?? Disgraceful. I hated it. For one, if my parents had seen any of it, they would never have let me watch it again. Every night the WWF risks getting me banned from watching it.
The Mr McMahon-Torrie Wilson angle. Although funny in places (thanks to SCSA and Angle,) came to a disgusting end. Again, I had to change the channel in case my parents saw!

2. Backstage brawls-Why don't I like these?? I don't mind hardcore matches, but someone attacking someone else backstage is pointless, and hardly any skill is used in it at all. Remember when Austin hit Regal over the head with a pipe?? My parents saw that, and it took me weeks to persuade them to let me watch it.

There is one thing I have never ever forgiven the WWF for, and that is the Ministry Of Darkness.

It made people think worshipping the devil was cool!! It was vile, sickenining, and damn frightening for many people. All the sacrficing, hurting, hanging-all of it, was disgraceful.
I am extremely glad that I wasn't watching WWF when the Ministry was an angle.

So overall-I like WWF. I don't love it, and that is because of the reasons above. I like the matches, the excitement, some of the storylines and the comedy. I don't like the sex, the backstage fights and...well, the Ministry. I hope you can understand my point of view, and I would like to hear some of your thoughts.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Fri 20/07/01 at 20:43
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ice Blaster wrote:
No it was when I was a baby,
> does that mean much? I know I am not a religious person, but im not
> agasint it, I stand up for people who bleive in what they belive, if
> that makes sense. Ant, you said being a christian changed your life,
> in what ways?

It doesn't mean as much. It's not the same, anyway. When you're baptised you're giving your life to God by your own will.

I am now much more self-confident, a lot more relaxed, I don't care about what other people think of me so much and I don't worry about little things such as homework.
Thu 19/07/01 at 23:42
Regular
"Back in black"
Ant wrote:
> Ice Blaster wrote:
> Hip hop drop.

I am baptised, am I a
> Christian? Do you have to go
> to church ant and longy?

Good
> post Ant, I kinda agree with some
> points about the ministry,
> the rest I have just never thought
> about.

D'you mean
> baptised (as in your own choice,) or when you were christened as a
> baby??

You don't have to go, but it's recommended.

No it was when I was a baby, does that mean much? I know I am not a religious person, but im not agasint it, I stand up for people who bleive in what they belive, if that makes sense. Ant, you said being a christian changed your life, in what ways?
Thu 19/07/01 at 23:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh yeah! I know now-it's called the Sexay Face Buster on SD2.

I have seen him do it before-yes.

In one tag team match on Metal he did it. He was awesome in that match. God, I loved Too Cool on Metal. The crowd went wild for them.

Too Cool were the Metal main-eventers!
Thu 19/07/01 at 19:39
Regular
"One More Chance"
Now i definatlely understand now.
Thu 19/07/01 at 18:59
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ant wrote:
> RawisAndy wrote:
what about that full nelson face crusher
> thing.
that
> i think was one of his best moves!
you know what
> i'm on about
> right?

Hmmmm...don't remember it...sure you're
> not talking about the bulldog?? No...remind me...

where he hooks the opponents arms from behind into a full nelson then wraps is right leg around their left (so it look slike he's standing next to them) and then he jumps slamming their head in to the canvas.
He locks them up like that so they can't protect themselves from the fall.
It's in the game No Mercy it's his special from behind, I think it's in Smackdown 2 but I can't remember.
Thu 19/07/01 at 18:51
Regular
"I like cheese"
RawisAndy wrote:
what about that full nelson face crusher thing.
that
> i think was one of his best moves!
you know what i'm on about
> right?

Hmmmm...don't remember it...sure you're not talking about the bulldog?? No...remind me...
Thu 19/07/01 at 18:47
Regular
"One More Chance"
I know what your on bout its that full nelson face crusher thing.
Thu 19/07/01 at 18:43
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ant wrote:
> Here are just a few of GMS' moves:

Enziguri Kick, Overhead
> Suplex, Back Drop Suplex, Hip Hop Drop, Missile Dropkick, a huge
> karate kick to the face, bulldog, DDT, Sliding Kick, powerbomb,
> clothesline, all the other basic moves (punches, kicks) Shoulder
> Back Toss, Powerslam and many, many more.

what about that full nelson face crusher thing.
that i think was one of his best moves!
you know what i'm on about right?
Thu 19/07/01 at 18:24
Regular
"One More Chance"
Ive been to church once when i had to go to a funeral and bout 3 other times when i was in primary school.
Thu 19/07/01 at 18:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
Here are just a few of GMS' moves:

Enziguri Kick, Overhead Suplex, Back Drop Suplex, Hip Hop Drop, Missile Dropkick, a huge karate kick to the face, bulldog, DDT, Sliding Kick, powerbomb, clothesline, all the other basic moves (punches, kicks) Shoulder Back Toss, Powerslam and many, many more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.