GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What I HATE About WWF"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 21:28
Regular
Okay, as you all know I like watching WWF. I like it a lot. Otherwise, why would I watch it?? But I don't love it-for quite a few reasons.

Before you read the rest of this post you must understand that I am a Christian.

Okay, why do I like WWF??

1. Matches-this is the main reason for watching WWF. I am in awe every night at how normal men can achieve incredible feats. I mean-I can't do an overhead suplex on my younger brother, let alone somebody weighing over 200 pounds!
Matches such as TLC and Hell In The Cell are great, as they are exciting and interesting. Rivalry matches are good, but can just turn into an all-out fight.
I especially enjoy watching single matches. Not too sure, but I enjoy studying their abilities in one-on-one matches.

2. Storyline-I like the talking backstage and in the ring. It makes matches more exciting to have a plot to it.

3. Favourite wrestlers-as with most sports, I have a favourite wrestler(s). My faves were Too Cool. Whenever I found out that they were on Raw and Smackdown-I was happy. When I found out that they were in a big match (title matches, rivalries etc,) I was felt even happier!
I loved watching Too Cool dance to the ring-and dance afterwards!
Now Grandmaster Sexay (my overall fav) has been fired, which is saddening. But I still support Scotty 2 Hotty-even though he doesn't dance as much. {:)

4. Comedy-the WWF can be rather funny at times, and I have laughed at many things before. It's entertaining at times, and a lot of fun.

Now this is all great. But there are many things I do not like about the WWF. They maybe small-but I don't like them.

1. The use of sex-Yes, it's okay to have beautiful women on WWF. That's great. I also don't mind them being scantily clad. But there is one thing that really got me-when sex was used.
Remember the Trish-Mr McMahon angle?? Disgraceful. I hated it. For one, if my parents had seen any of it, they would never have let me watch it again. Every night the WWF risks getting me banned from watching it.
The Mr McMahon-Torrie Wilson angle. Although funny in places (thanks to SCSA and Angle,) came to a disgusting end. Again, I had to change the channel in case my parents saw!

2. Backstage brawls-Why don't I like these?? I don't mind hardcore matches, but someone attacking someone else backstage is pointless, and hardly any skill is used in it at all. Remember when Austin hit Regal over the head with a pipe?? My parents saw that, and it took me weeks to persuade them to let me watch it.

There is one thing I have never ever forgiven the WWF for, and that is the Ministry Of Darkness.

It made people think worshipping the devil was cool!! It was vile, sickenining, and damn frightening for many people. All the sacrficing, hurting, hanging-all of it, was disgraceful.
I am extremely glad that I wasn't watching WWF when the Ministry was an angle.

So overall-I like WWF. I don't love it, and that is because of the reasons above. I like the matches, the excitement, some of the storylines and the comedy. I don't like the sex, the backstage fights and...well, the Ministry. I hope you can understand my point of view, and I would like to hear some of your thoughts.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 15/12/01 at 20:19
Regular
"Back in black"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:

The crucifixion angle was stolen from ECW, as is much of the WWF. AND then made better.
Sat 15/12/01 at 17:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
Prove me wrong wrote:
> Your parents must be very strict, even for christians.

Not at all, they were just very against wrestling.

They don't mind the matches or the storylines, but it's stuff like sex, Ministry, blood etc that they disapprove of.
Sat 15/12/01 at 16:24
Your parents must be very strict, even for christians.
Sat 15/12/01 at 15:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> ANT

Did you win anything for this? I saw it as a great and honest opinion on
> wrestling.

I went to report the post but.......it was posted a while back
> :-(

I was just venturing into the WWF forum due to boredom (not that I like
> it) and just stumbled upon this honest view.

>Well done

I didn't win anything for it, but thanks for the kind comments MWA. Nice to see you back.
Sat 15/12/01 at 14:57
"Uzi Lover"
ANT

Did you win anything for this? I saw it as a great and honest opinion on wrestling.

I went to report the post but.......it was posted a while back :-(

I was just venturing into the WWF forum due to boredom (not that I like it) and just stumbled upon this honest view.

Well done
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:33
Regular
But unfortionately he dosen't know about this Crucifixion so could someone tell me about this
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:32
Regular
Don't matter now guys, Cong Man has just told me about The Ministry on MSN

Thanks Cong Man
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:19
Regular
What was The Ministry all about? i wasn't watching then, i started watching from Survivor Series 1999, who was the members fo the Ministry. From what i have heard from Ant it was about supporting a Devil and doing a Crucifixtion!!!!!!
Whats it all about, and the crucifixion
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:09
Regular
"..."
Hee Hee...Heyman did like pushing his luck with ECW didn't he...but he did take ECW from being a tiny organisation to PPV...so surely the ends justified the means?
Fri 14/12/01 at 19:24
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Ice Blaster wrote:
> just reading through this topic again, and I disagree with your ministry
> statement. I enjoyed this, it was a very good angle with many twists, it may be
> sicking but it is a show, a drama after all.

The crucifixion angle was stolen from ECW, as is much of the WWF.

I have never seen the Ministrys crucifixion - but I did see the ECW one, and i'm willing to bet the ECW one was sicker. The ECW version was so bad that it delayed ECW getting a PPV deal by six months. It is quite possibly the most stupid thing that Paul Heyman ever did (aside from Mass Transit, which also nearly cost ECW thier TV slot), because it stopped 6 months of companys glory years from being shown on TV.

Whatever. Wrestling is a sick world.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.