GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What I HATE About WWF"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 21:28
Regular
Okay, as you all know I like watching WWF. I like it a lot. Otherwise, why would I watch it?? But I don't love it-for quite a few reasons.

Before you read the rest of this post you must understand that I am a Christian.

Okay, why do I like WWF??

1. Matches-this is the main reason for watching WWF. I am in awe every night at how normal men can achieve incredible feats. I mean-I can't do an overhead suplex on my younger brother, let alone somebody weighing over 200 pounds!
Matches such as TLC and Hell In The Cell are great, as they are exciting and interesting. Rivalry matches are good, but can just turn into an all-out fight.
I especially enjoy watching single matches. Not too sure, but I enjoy studying their abilities in one-on-one matches.

2. Storyline-I like the talking backstage and in the ring. It makes matches more exciting to have a plot to it.

3. Favourite wrestlers-as with most sports, I have a favourite wrestler(s). My faves were Too Cool. Whenever I found out that they were on Raw and Smackdown-I was happy. When I found out that they were in a big match (title matches, rivalries etc,) I was felt even happier!
I loved watching Too Cool dance to the ring-and dance afterwards!
Now Grandmaster Sexay (my overall fav) has been fired, which is saddening. But I still support Scotty 2 Hotty-even though he doesn't dance as much. {:)

4. Comedy-the WWF can be rather funny at times, and I have laughed at many things before. It's entertaining at times, and a lot of fun.

Now this is all great. But there are many things I do not like about the WWF. They maybe small-but I don't like them.

1. The use of sex-Yes, it's okay to have beautiful women on WWF. That's great. I also don't mind them being scantily clad. But there is one thing that really got me-when sex was used.
Remember the Trish-Mr McMahon angle?? Disgraceful. I hated it. For one, if my parents had seen any of it, they would never have let me watch it again. Every night the WWF risks getting me banned from watching it.
The Mr McMahon-Torrie Wilson angle. Although funny in places (thanks to SCSA and Angle,) came to a disgusting end. Again, I had to change the channel in case my parents saw!

2. Backstage brawls-Why don't I like these?? I don't mind hardcore matches, but someone attacking someone else backstage is pointless, and hardly any skill is used in it at all. Remember when Austin hit Regal over the head with a pipe?? My parents saw that, and it took me weeks to persuade them to let me watch it.

There is one thing I have never ever forgiven the WWF for, and that is the Ministry Of Darkness.

It made people think worshipping the devil was cool!! It was vile, sickenining, and damn frightening for many people. All the sacrficing, hurting, hanging-all of it, was disgraceful.
I am extremely glad that I wasn't watching WWF when the Ministry was an angle.

So overall-I like WWF. I don't love it, and that is because of the reasons above. I like the matches, the excitement, some of the storylines and the comedy. I don't like the sex, the backstage fights and...well, the Ministry. I hope you can understand my point of view, and I would like to hear some of your thoughts.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 30/12/01 at 07:15
Regular
"Guess who..."
Yes actually. I go to a church called:

Redhook Thug Baptist Church: When I'm in Brooklyn

The City of Chicago Thugs Baptist Church: When I'm home (Yes, I do believe I've told you I'm not the real Tazz, but I'm one ov his followers)

And the Thug Parade Baptist Church: When I'm in England.
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:13
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Tazz, are the churches you go to run by thugs and attended by thugs.
Thu 27/12/01 at 11:32
Regular
"Guess who..."
Thanks Ant,
That really touches me. You see, I'm a Christian as well and you've just made me feel like I'm not the ony one. I havn't read the whole of your passage yet but I will reply as soon as I have.

From Robert Kilroy-Silk

Go in Peace,

Serve the Lord,

and KILL BIN LADEN!!
Tue 18/12/01 at 23:00
Very True Mouldy Cheese. Two men forcing another man to kiss another man's backside is forcing them and would go down as some sort of rape/assault.
Tue 18/12/01 at 19:42
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
#1 Jericho Fan wrote:
> Agreed Ant. The one were Vince made Trish strip was nothing more than a toned
> down rape.

Speaking of rape, what about JRs induction to the KMA club? Surely that was rape?
Tue 18/12/01 at 19:12
Agreed Ant. The one were Vince made Trish strip was nothing more than a toned down rape.
Tue 18/12/01 at 15:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
#1 Jericho Fan wrote:
> Agree with you on some points Ant, but on some you sound a little like the RTC!

Humm...I can see your point there, but I'm no where near as extreme. I like to see women like Stacy Keibler, Trish Stratus, Torrie, as they really are beautiful women! What man (ignoring the erm...others) doesn't like that? I don't mind scantily clad, it's all part of wrestling. But I think the sex angles can be too much.

Remember when Vince and Trish were walking to the ring, and Vince gives it, "Tonight, we're going to put on a live sex show!!"

No, I knew they wouldn't, but if my parents had seen it they would never have let me watch it, ever again. I think most of you can understand that.
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:29
Agree with you on some points Ant, but on some you sound a little like the RTC!
Sun 16/12/01 at 22:35
he hates WWF!!!! everybody poke him!!!
*poke poke*
Sun 16/12/01 at 21:02
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
For one, I liked the ministry of darkness storyline.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.