GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a complete cock up..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/05/04 at 18:12
Regular
Splinter Cell online, who the hell was in charge of that part of the game? They should be shot.

Won the last 12 games in a row and managed to lose 23 points, that's all I got from it because complete f**k wits left the game, hosts disconnected and not once have I quit a game yet. If someone leaves everyone loses points for it, good one Ubisoft, thick bas*ards. Why not have a script for people who manually leave the game by selecting quit so that ONLY they lose 25 points or what not. I am sick of playing with complete A-Holes who leave just before the scoring screen or hosts who disconnect as soon as it says Missions Successful.

Despite Ubisoft Montreal's attempt to create some decent LIVE titles both their main ones have fallen over due to slack programming and no one thinking about people who are going to randomly leave when they have either lost or are starting to lose. It really is turning into a complete joke, if it isn't for random "The Session is no longer available" messages it's some idiot leaving half way through or right at the end.

I can't believe something so obvious was over looked, sure the scoring system on Rainbow Six 3 was seriously screwed up but at least it could be played if someone left or if some idiot decided to end the session nothing else happened.

It's the way everything is going, they try to complicate things with stupid scoring systems, it should be say 10 for winning and 5 for losing and for each kill or neutralisation you should get an extra point, if someone leaves then ONLY they should lose the points, if they get disconnected then that is a different matter but for people who manually select quit from the menu they should be punished for it.

I sound like a complete nerd doing something like this but it is really pi**ing me off now. If it isn't for little American trailer park trash kids screaming it's someone deciding that because they aren't good enough everyone playing the game will be punished for it as they leave.

Get your act together UbiSoft, less of the technical crap you spew out and more of the practical stuff, a complete over sight to what is otherwise an enjoyable online game and possibly the biggest LIVE title for a long time to come.
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:12
Regular
Splinter Cell online, who the hell was in charge of that part of the game? They should be shot.

Won the last 12 games in a row and managed to lose 23 points, that's all I got from it because complete f**k wits left the game, hosts disconnected and not once have I quit a game yet. If someone leaves everyone loses points for it, good one Ubisoft, thick bas*ards. Why not have a script for people who manually leave the game by selecting quit so that ONLY they lose 25 points or what not. I am sick of playing with complete A-Holes who leave just before the scoring screen or hosts who disconnect as soon as it says Missions Successful.

Despite Ubisoft Montreal's attempt to create some decent LIVE titles both their main ones have fallen over due to slack programming and no one thinking about people who are going to randomly leave when they have either lost or are starting to lose. It really is turning into a complete joke, if it isn't for random "The Session is no longer available" messages it's some idiot leaving half way through or right at the end.

I can't believe something so obvious was over looked, sure the scoring system on Rainbow Six 3 was seriously screwed up but at least it could be played if someone left or if some idiot decided to end the session nothing else happened.

It's the way everything is going, they try to complicate things with stupid scoring systems, it should be say 10 for winning and 5 for losing and for each kill or neutralisation you should get an extra point, if someone leaves then ONLY they should lose the points, if they get disconnected then that is a different matter but for people who manually select quit from the menu they should be punished for it.

I sound like a complete nerd doing something like this but it is really pi**ing me off now. If it isn't for little American trailer park trash kids screaming it's someone deciding that because they aren't good enough everyone playing the game will be punished for it as they leave.

Get your act together UbiSoft, less of the technical crap you spew out and more of the practical stuff, a complete over sight to what is otherwise an enjoyable online game and possibly the biggest LIVE title for a long time to come.
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:23
Regular
Heh, the scoring system is very gay.

It punishes you for playing on a map you really like...
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:45
Regular
": ("
I left in the middle of a game before, but that was because somehow it was just me as the Merc and the other guy went to the spys. Is that a cheat?
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:45
Regular
"8==="
Yeah, I'm not keen on the scoring system at all.

If someone leaves you should simply get some points, it should count as 1/10 of a win or SOMETHING.

Playing so well someone has to quit is a win in my book: give me points! :)

Obviously that system is open to abuse but WHO CARES!!?? I'd rather have good games with dodgy scoreboards where some loser's mates are at the top because he's quitting all the time then have to muck about with this retarded points system.

Give us a simple points system based on wins/opponents quitting and leave it at that!
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:56
Regular
The system is utter guff, I never bother playing online now unless 3 other people I know are online. Maybe if Ubi went with a normal scoring system where you get points for winning, but didn't loose any for loosing then it would work better.

The system is so buggy. Basically if you start a ranked game and someone leaves, you still have to complete that game with only 3 people or eveyone has points deducted. Also if your team mate decides to be a gimp and leave then you're also punished. This on top of the amount the game crashes and also that stupid bug where you start the game and for some reason one player ends up as a spectator, kinda sucks the life out of the online game after a while.
Sat 01/05/04 at 19:09
Regular
The project gothem 2 stats system would have been much better.

Can they patch something that big?
Sat 01/05/04 at 19:19
Regular
Yeah the crashing is getting on my t*ts as well. Crashed 4 times alone today before even starting a game.
Sat 01/05/04 at 20:06
Regular
I know. The game is constantly crashing on the screen where is shows who is ready and who is loading...
Sat 01/05/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
This is why I would rather play a straight forward multi-player game with a few mates, you have fun and no-one feels stressed out or annoyed at the end. I seriously doubt I'll ever take my X-Box online.
Sat 01/05/04 at 20:42
Regular
Well, the PC version is stable online.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.