GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a complete cock up..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/05/04 at 18:12
Regular
Splinter Cell online, who the hell was in charge of that part of the game? They should be shot.

Won the last 12 games in a row and managed to lose 23 points, that's all I got from it because complete f**k wits left the game, hosts disconnected and not once have I quit a game yet. If someone leaves everyone loses points for it, good one Ubisoft, thick bas*ards. Why not have a script for people who manually leave the game by selecting quit so that ONLY they lose 25 points or what not. I am sick of playing with complete A-Holes who leave just before the scoring screen or hosts who disconnect as soon as it says Missions Successful.

Despite Ubisoft Montreal's attempt to create some decent LIVE titles both their main ones have fallen over due to slack programming and no one thinking about people who are going to randomly leave when they have either lost or are starting to lose. It really is turning into a complete joke, if it isn't for random "The Session is no longer available" messages it's some idiot leaving half way through or right at the end.

I can't believe something so obvious was over looked, sure the scoring system on Rainbow Six 3 was seriously screwed up but at least it could be played if someone left or if some idiot decided to end the session nothing else happened.

It's the way everything is going, they try to complicate things with stupid scoring systems, it should be say 10 for winning and 5 for losing and for each kill or neutralisation you should get an extra point, if someone leaves then ONLY they should lose the points, if they get disconnected then that is a different matter but for people who manually select quit from the menu they should be punished for it.

I sound like a complete nerd doing something like this but it is really pi**ing me off now. If it isn't for little American trailer park trash kids screaming it's someone deciding that because they aren't good enough everyone playing the game will be punished for it as they leave.

Get your act together UbiSoft, less of the technical crap you spew out and more of the practical stuff, a complete over sight to what is otherwise an enjoyable online game and possibly the biggest LIVE title for a long time to come.
Wed 19/05/04 at 19:48
Regular
Excellent stuff, lost 200 points for 2 games in a row that froze before the games started.

It is worse than it was before.
Wed 19/05/04 at 08:21
Regular
Well they really have made a mess. Someone on my list lagged out of a game and I couldn't invite him back in because it said he was already in the session, next game I played I joined him, at the end of the round he was given a penalty of -175 points.

It seems no matter how many points you have, if the game crashes, lags out, disconnects you etc you will be given a -100 point penalty. Not only that but it appears to be given to the partner you are playing with as well on random occassions. You win a game you get 10 points, you lose you lose 10 points, that side all makes perfect sense.

Don't tell me the guys who program can't write a script to identify how you left the game, the Quit from menu option should be easy to track.

It seems you can actually snap mercs a lot easier as well which seems a bit stupid considering the majority of the maps favour the spies more.

People still leave games though, had about 6 people quit on the game last night, you don't get punished the next round though if you don't belong on the team he quit from however randomly your partner will get a really massive punishment for it.

They will have to patch it again though as there were a lot of pi**ed off people who don't quit games normally but who lagged out only to find massive - 100 point penalties. I can see this going on for a while to come yet as lagging out is something that can not be avoided.
Sun 16/05/04 at 21:04
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You're an honourable yound sir, but i never plat Tom clancys
Sun 16/05/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
mattributé wrote:
> I don't mean to take sides, but if you can't remember the situation,
> how d you know if you did or didn't leave?

I never leave a game on purpose, matt - have I ever left one with you?
Sun 16/05/04 at 20:42
Regular
Hmm.
Sun 16/05/04 at 20:12
Regular
"tokyo police club"
J-42 wrote:
> I can't remember this, but I've I said that I wasn't lying. You can't
> blame me for being disconnected.

I don't mean to take sides, but if you can't remember the situation, how d you know if you did or didn't leave?
Sun 16/05/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> So why deny it? Whatever happened you left 3 of my games, quit or not.

I'm denying that I left your games purposefully. I can't remember being disconnected from your games.
Sun 16/05/04 at 19:58
Regular
So why deny it? Whatever happened you left 3 of my games, quit or not.
Sun 16/05/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
If you had read the post, you would have read "I can't remember this..." That means I gave the most plausable explanation.

There have been times when i've been disconnected.
Sun 16/05/04 at 19:47
Regular
So now you aren't denying it? Think, why the hell would I randomly make it up?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.