GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime: Echoes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Tue 04/05/04 at 20:12
Regular
Even though there doesn't seem to be much new about this and I'm still not sure about the multiplayer, I have to say I can't to see more of this at E3.

I've been replaying the original and it's wonderful. Like when I was playing through Ocarina of Time and other classics again, you just wish you could be for the first time. It's a wonderful game and to be honest I'm not too bothered if this is just an addition to the first story with the same game engine.

The graphics do seem to have been slightly reworked, the lighting effects especially look better and the new-look energy bar and visor/arm cannon options looks nice. I would have liked to see more, but I suppose we'll have to wait until the final version for anything solid.

The idea of two worlds seems to be the most promising thing the game has to offer in terms of new gameplay ideas. Whether it's simply for the story or will directly affect play is yet to be seen, but it's a nice idea. I have a feeling the the Halo-type figure that's supposed to be hunting Samus will be similar to the SA-X scenario in Fusion, perhaps when the planet was split in two the 'Dark Samus' was created on the dark side or something (oooh, Star Wars-ness).

I want it. My only minor gripe is the lack of much new, but like I say an add-on wouldn't exactly be a bad thing and all we've really seen are a few screenshots and info on the story and name. It would be interesting to see if it follows on from Prime or Fusion, or somewhere else on the Metroid timeline.

E3 this year will rock.
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:12
Regular
It would rock even more if they could then switching to third person view and then start wall jumping and shooting at the morph ball from mid air!

Dreams are dreams! :-)
You one might come true! :-D
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:10
Regular
Oh, and er-no, your Goldeneye theory was crap. Other than the name it has nothing to do with the original.

Which is utter balls.
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:10
Regular
The thought of someone tagetting you as morph ball and then rolling around their ankles dropping bombs would rock. :-D
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Metroid Prime multiplayer will be extremely great. I assume they started making one for the original but time constraints and other things including the original game engine let them down.

I do however feel a massive tv will be needed to enjoy the complex navi system that comes as apart of each character.

Hopefully it'll all run smoothly too.
Wed 05/05/04 at 19:36
Regular
Ah, shush with your 'fun' ramblings. :-P
Wed 05/05/04 at 19:09
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Well, I suppose it can't be any worse than the last one...
Wed 05/05/04 at 15:19
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
If anyone didn't understand my 'story', please post and tell me :\

I just showed it to evil_dark (Mackie), and he didn't understand what the hell half of it meant.

Admittedly you have to have played Metroid Fusion and Prime to understand, but I want everyone to understand the story I was really trying to suggest.

Please tell me so I can simplify or explain further if you didn't!!

LOL
Wed 05/05/04 at 14:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Rickoss wrote:
> I really (need) go back to my Hard file and try to complete that, just about to meet the Omega Pirate on it, which will rock on Hard.

Hoho.

Good luck.
Wed 05/05/04 at 14:44
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Bombay Duck wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> I have a feeling the the Halo-type figure that's supposed
> to be hunting Samus will be similar to the SA-X scenario in Fusion,
> perhaps when the planet was split in two the 'Dark Samus' was
> created
> on the dark side or something (oooh, Star Wars-ness).
>
>
> I have a feeling 'Dark Samus' will continue to reek of
> Body Harvest.
>
> A hero in an orange and red suit, and an enemy stalking and attacking
> him/her, wearing a dark suit?
> I know these things are clichéd and limited in scope, but even
> if they came up with the idea independently, it'd have been polite
> to, y'know, not make it exactly the same as another game.

Erm... Metroid and it's trademark Power Armour have been around far longer than Body Harvest, thus perhaps Body Harvest stole the colouring from that, although the design was different!! Plus, dark versions of characters have been included in games since a long time before Body Harvest. That idea is not exactly new, and has featured in other games,
such as Zelda:Ocarina of Time to name one. After all, was Darth Vader not really just a dark version of a Jedi? Darkness has been used to represent evil for a long time before electronic games... you can't attribute Body Harvest to it's use!
Wed 05/05/04 at 11:22
Regular
I was playing Prime last night, it's amazing how easy the bosses are when you're not on Hard. I managed to defeat Flahgra in a couple of minutes, I remember first time around it took a fair while. I really go back to my Hard file and try to complete that, just about to meet the Omega Pirate on it, which will rock on Hard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.