GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Copied-frogmans review."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 19:54
Regular
Frogman recently won for a review. I happen to know it is copied. He was bragging at school about he copied a good MSR review (since he has only just got the game) and hopes to win. I know there is not much for us to do about it because he will not admit where it is from. He mentioned something about some amaetures site and that was it.

I know there is nothing we can do but just voice your opinion on it and tell me what you think.

It's not that I mind being beaten, but when It is by something that is all copied I get slightly buzzed.

PS. He is also Whazzer on another account that copied a first MSR review.

T_W (:)
Mon 16/07/01 at 19:54
Frogman recently won for a review. I happen to know it is copied. He was bragging at school about he copied a good MSR review (since he has only just got the game) and hopes to win. I know there is not much for us to do about it because he will not admit where it is from. He mentioned something about some amaetures site and that was it.

I know there is nothing we can do but just voice your opinion on it and tell me what you think.

It's not that I mind being beaten, but when It is by something that is all copied I get slightly buzzed.

PS. He is also Whazzer on another account that copied a first MSR review.

T_W (:)
Mon 16/07/01 at 20:59
DOes Noone care!?!?
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
THE DASTARD!!!! Paste a sentence of the review into Google and see what results come up. You're more than likely to find the original then.
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:07
Time_Warp wrote:
> DOes Noone care!?!?

Email [email protected] - maybe my review will win instead - it was good :(
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:16
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
That complete DASTARD!!(GOOD WORD RBS) we gotta get him. I know TW posted a good review on the day MR amphibioun won so i say we get it out. Is unnacceptable. TW was home ill from skool so it took him hours to write his review, then forg features comes and without the work wins!!!
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:18
I despise copiers...
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:11
MAKE MORE NOISE AND STOP HIM FROM CLAIMING - I READ IT AND I KNEW IT WAS COPIED!!!

DAMN HIM!!!!!

Right.

Let TONY or ALI know by emailing them - the same email addy as the one you would use if you were going to claim a game.

OK?

This is DISGRACEFUL "Do not attempt to copy a review and paste it as all reviews are run through search engines"

DO YOU SEE?

SPECIAL RESERVE WAKE UP.

Dan2K1, shouting,.
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:18
Regular
"not dead"
I think you should email the gameaday winners address with things like this for now, but I feel a proper process should be put in place to 'shop' copied material.
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:33
Regular
"How Handy."
This isn't on. Don't stand for it!
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:18
I think that he should be stopped from posting reviews for a period of time. I bet that will make him think twice haha. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.