GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Copied-frogmans review."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 19:54
Regular
Frogman recently won for a review. I happen to know it is copied. He was bragging at school about he copied a good MSR review (since he has only just got the game) and hopes to win. I know there is not much for us to do about it because he will not admit where it is from. He mentioned something about some amaetures site and that was it.

I know there is nothing we can do but just voice your opinion on it and tell me what you think.

It's not that I mind being beaten, but when It is by something that is all copied I get slightly buzzed.

PS. He is also Whazzer on another account that copied a first MSR review.

T_W (:)
Thu 19/07/01 at 15:45
12/07/01
frogman
Tony Hawk's 2 MSR Review
Wed 18/07/01 at 12:56
Innocent until proven guilty.

Unless you give his game to me, then let him fry!
Wed 18/07/01 at 12:46
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I have just added the e-mail address and I will help look for it!
Wed 18/07/01 at 12:37
Unless Special Reserve actually email him asking him if it was his work of if he copied it - Sam must have proof of Frogman's cheating.
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
I mailed Sam on this matter yesterday and he replied saying that Frogboy had said that he took lots of little bits of reviews and put them all together.

Basically, that mens we won't be able to find the orignial... becuase there isn't one. We have to find at least one of the sites where he took a bit from, otherwise we just leave him be with his guilt.
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:20
Well, there you go.
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> I would also like to point out that
> Kermitboys GAD win on 22/4/01 is
> a copied review, i copied the
> reviews first line, pasted into yahoo
> and the first site was a
> perfect match.

Kermitboy is frogman!!!!?

Well possibly, but i just wanted to point out that kermitboy had cheated on that GAD occasion, without having to open up a new topic about it.
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:09
cookie monster wrote:
> I would also like to point out that Kermitboys GAD win on 22/4/01 is
> a copied review, i copied the reviews first line, pasted into yahoo
> and the first site was a perfect match.

Kermitboy is frogman!!!!?
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If nobody can prove this is from anywhere else, then he shouldnt have to surrender his win.

Just because someone says he copied it, doesn't make it so.
Wait for the results before you start flooding his email box.

Lynch-Mobs are never a good idea people, so just spend your time trying to find the original instead of being spiteful.

Remember, just because someone claims he copied it, you have to prove it.

Otherwise I'm suing Spielberg for nicking my ET idea.
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would also like to point out that Kermitboys GAD win on 22/4/01 is a copied review, i copied the reviews first line, pasted into yahoo and the first site was a perfect match.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.