GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GOLDENEYE 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Golden Eye : Rogue Agent'.
Tue 11/05/04 at 01:16
Regular
"BOSE"
[B] Pardon the !!!!!!!! but it had to be done, i mean, the title! i was just looking on HMV's site on the reccomended xbox games. there was the usual, you know? Halo 2. and then i saw it! Goldeneye 2. Goldenye on the N64 is a classic, and if xbox and who ever are making this sequel make it better then it will blow me away! it's one hell of a quality game on the 64-bit N64, but the sequel on xbox! it will rule all, period. this is all it says on HMV. sounds good. gonna look into it tommorow when i'm awake. glad i'm not dreaming though! :-D

"Players will experience Bond like never before -- as an evil, dropout 00 agent. Gamers take on the role of an agent who's dismissed from MI6 for reckless brutality, and who then subsequently joins the ranks of the criminal underground. Joining up with super-villain Auric Goldenfinger, players battle for control of the world's greatest criminal organisation."

29 October 2004
Sat 15/05/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> EA aren't that bad, but their Bond 1st person shooters are.
>
> Haven't played Everything or nothing yet, but apparently it's much
> better than their usual Bond crap.

If it is, I'll be very suprised, I've had 1st hand experiences of buying an EA game and being extremely dissapointed. It's very rarely that they put passion into making games. Also, the attention to detail on such games as LOTR is awful.

On the other hand, I do think games such as SSX Tricky are class.
Sat 15/05/04 at 00:51
Regular
"BOSE"
i loved the DD44's. 2 of those bad boys in your hands and anyone in your way would drop to the floor like a wet cloth :-)

and the AK-47, if that ain't in the game. it's a pitty cos that gun is one of the best guns ever made! "AK-47: designed to kill every mother****** in the room. except no subsitutes" - Samuel L. Jakson - Jackie Brown :-)

but i'm sure there's gonna be some cool-azz guns in the game. hope they do double guns too. please! (holding 2 guns at same time poping every bich in sight!)
Fri 14/05/04 at 18:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
1) Lou Role, go *NOW* and find an N64, a controller and Goldeneye, lock yourself away for a week and be happy.

2) This game has nothing to do with anything James Bond, except it's called Goldeneye and James Bond makes a rare appearance..

That's it. It's a cash in, and regardless, if the game's good, people will expect it to be a Goldeneye beater, buy it, and then shove it up the nearest EA employees butt.
Fri 14/05/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I never played the original Goldeneye, but I have played a few James Bond games and I didn't particularly like any of them, even EON. So I doubt Goldeneye 2 will make it's way into my collection.
Fri 14/05/04 at 15:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Goldeneye 2 has nothing to do with the Goldeneye film. It's some
> dodgy, lame-ass story that EA have made up about an MI5 rogue agent
> with a....wait for it.....here's the cash-in GOLDEN EYE. It's no
> longer a satellite and it has nothing really to do with James Bond,
> it's some guy with a gold eye...what a load of rubbish.

*Laughs*

Oh dear.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:48
Regular
Goldeneye 2 has nothing to do with the Goldeneye film. It's some dodgy, lame-ass story that EA have made up about an MI5 rogue agent with a....wait for it.....here's the cash-in GOLDEN EYE. It's no longer a satellite and it has nothing really to do with James Bond, it's some guy with a gold eye...what a load of rubbish.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:42
Regular
i have heard that if they make GOLDENEYE 2 then it will come with several changes to the orignal:

1. some of the levels like surface, bunker and silo will be removerd because Rare created those levels specially for the game

2. some of the background characters (the bad guys with the wierd faces) will not appear as they were also Rare's creation

3. some of the guns which made the game the best like the KF7-soviet, PP7, DD44, AR33, etc will also be removed as they were rare's names for real guns.

now with these changes goldeneye 2 will never (if ever released) be as good as the original
Fri 14/05/04 at 10:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh please.

It was at the start of the N64s lifetime, and the multiplayer was an afterthought. PD took it to perfection multiplayer, but because it was planned and about 3 years later!

Goldeneye remains the best FPS on a console, with PD just behind.
Fri 14/05/04 at 08:43
"For the horde!!!!"
cookie monster wrote:
> I doubt any console shooter can match the might of goldeneye.
>
> It was perfection.

I wouldn't say that, there weren't many multiplayer maps and the lack of bot support was a big let down.
Thu 13/05/04 at 22:40
Regular
Er... not if it's crap!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.