GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enough blabber, blabber mouths."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Teal'c"
These things won't be out for months, and we'll get much better pictures if we just wait a while. Plus weeing yourselves now only adds to the inevitable let down you'll feel if they turn out to be poor.
Yes, I can understand the attraction of having an E3 thread, but making many many threads about how "Nintendo is wonderful" and "E3 is wonderful" will is not good. Not good at all. Booyah.

My thorts:

3 Zelda pics aren't enough to get me moist.
The DS looks terrible. It looks like a small and rubbish laptop.
Madden looks nice though.
Sreets of Rage is our Queen.

Farewell.

Oh, and Memo: enough trolling.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:26
Regular
The whole point of E3 is to get us excited.

And getting excited over games pre-release doesn't mean you'll be disappointed if you don't play the whole game before you've bought it.

I had seen screenshots and read 'real' reviews of Wind Waker - the ones that attempt not to give away any spoilers, and was really excited about it before release. I wasn't disappointed with it at all.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:32
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
gerrid wrote:
> No they didn't, many thought it was a let down.
> And you dislike way more than "two things".
>
> As I recall, you said that every supposedly good Gamecube game was
> rubbish, and that you were selling your cube.

I don't think they're crap because other people like them, I think they're crap because I don't like them.

eg. Metroid Prime is dull.
Zelda is....Zelda. There isn't a single Zelda game I do like.
Pikmin is pretty much real-time strategy, which I don't like.
Blah blah blah.

I have plenty of reasons for disliking things and none of them are to 'be different'.

Plus Nash-boy agrees about Metroid and Zelda. In fact, disliking Metroid isn't even anything out of the ordinary.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"I don't like RTS, I don't like Football, I don't like FPS, I don't like Adventure"

What games DO you like, apart from Streets of Rage? It's fine and dandy finding faults with games, but every game has a fault, and if you let it ruin your enjoyment then more fool you.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:42
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Incorrect.

I like football games, and FPS is my favourite genre. I'm also quite fond of racing games and platformers. Flight thingies like Rebel Strike float my boat too. I like stealth games too.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
RSII/III, Splinter Cell, MGS, Burnout, Timeslpitters, Fifa 2004.

These are all highly rated games. You said that all the highly rated games were disappointing. According to your list you should like them all. If you do like them, then you are contradicting yourself and your argument is null and void. If you don't like them, then you are also contradicting yourself, and your argument is null and void.

Null and void = end of discussion.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
If I remember what I said correctly, it was in a thread when I was criticising Nintendo games and I was referring to the highly rated Nintendo games, which none of those are.

The obvious point raised from this is that the majority of those games aren't exclusive. The argument people raise for keeping a Gamecube is all the 'amazing Nintendo exclusives you can't get elsewhere', none of which I find all that impressive, which is why I'm selling my 'cube.

For the genres I like, Nintendo doesn't seem appropriate.
I can still play most games that I would like without a 'cube and in the process of selling it I can make some cash.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You can play most of the games you like, but you'd have to buy another console if you sold your GC and wanted to keep playing them. What's the point of selling it?
Kepp your GC, get all the same multiformat titles and get the supposed paucity of first and second party decent games.

granted Zelda may not be to your taste but Mario Kart certainly is, and your only option on another console would be CTR. I also forgot to mention the new Mario game. You like platformers. Mario is the best one.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:58
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I don't have to buy another console, I have a perfectly good PC.

Why leave my Gamecube gathering dust when I can make some money from it and buy something that will actually provide me with some enjoyment?
Tue 11/05/04 at 23:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Why did you buy a gamecube in the first place, if you weren't excited about any of the first party offerings?

By all means, sell your Gamecube, membrane, it'll only make someone else happier than you after all, but what's the point of venting your frustration at your own mistake onto other people who are perfectly happy with theirs?
Tue 11/05/04 at 23:06
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
gerrid wrote:
> Why did you buy a gamecube in the first place, if you weren't excited
> about any of the first party offerings?

I was excited about them. After I actually played them, the excitement died. To play them, I needed a Gamecube = reason for buying.

It's also one of the reasons why the anticipation thing annoys me, because it just caused me to waste my money on something I should never have bought.

> By all means, sell your Gamecube, membrane, it'll only make someone
> else happier than you after all, but what's the point of venting your
> frustration at your own mistake onto other people who are perfectly
> happy with theirs?

I have nothing better to do. It passes the time.
Disagreement is fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.