GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enough blabber, blabber mouths."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Teal'c"
These things won't be out for months, and we'll get much better pictures if we just wait a while. Plus weeing yourselves now only adds to the inevitable let down you'll feel if they turn out to be poor.
Yes, I can understand the attraction of having an E3 thread, but making many many threads about how "Nintendo is wonderful" and "E3 is wonderful" will is not good. Not good at all. Booyah.

My thorts:

3 Zelda pics aren't enough to get me moist.
The DS looks terrible. It looks like a small and rubbish laptop.
Madden looks nice though.
Sreets of Rage is our Queen.

Farewell.

Oh, and Memo: enough trolling.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:34
Regular
Unprovoked? You brought it on yourself by your display of sheer stupidity.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:36
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Unprovoked? You brought it on yourself by your display of sheer
> stupidity.

I didn't provoke you, I was not even talking to you originally...and I would like to know how wishing for correct spelling to be used can be described as "sheer stupidity"
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:38
Regular
Meh, maybe not sheer stupidity. Forgive me, I'm cranky. It's not personal.

But it's Nash, what do you expect? He's special...
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:40
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Meh, maybe not sheer stupidity. Forgive me, I'm cranky. It's not
> personal.
>
> But it's Nash, what do you expect? He's special...

forgiven

(but I'm still getting excited about zelda)
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:51
Regular
Just downloaded the vid myself. Admittedly it's quite impressive, but I'm not getting myself excited just yet.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Nashbrane and Membrane, your "they won't be out for months" argument is all well and good, but half the enjoyment in the whole videogame world for anyone even remotely interested in games is actually the anticipation and speculation about new games. During the patented 'anticipation' stage, a game is everything that you want it to be. There are no flaws, no disappointment, no money needing to be payed: this is, infact a more enjoyable stage than the 'owning but completed' stage, which is self explanatory.

Zelda OOT, Perfect Dark, the Gamecube - all felt even more special than they were because everyone had been anticipating them for years. Released without hype or speculation, Perfect Dark or OOT would be neither as successfull or well-loved. Anticipation of new games increases their personal value to the consumer tenfold.
Hidden gems are all well and good (Operation Flashpoint), but it is the anticipated games (Zelda OOT, Perfect Dark, Shenmue) that remain atop people's all time favourite lists.

For this reason I discount your naysaying and preceed to get excited about games that I won't play for another 6 months at least.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:12
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
gerrid wrote:
> Zelda OOT, Perfect Dark, the Gamecube - all felt even more special
> than they were because everyone had been anticipating them for years.

I was disappointed by numbers 1 and 3 because they were nowhere near as good as I was led to believe during the 'anticipation period' and it actually made them seem worse.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That is because you are indy.
Indys don't count because the whole idea is not to count.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Disliking two things doesn't make me 'indy'.

I liked Perfect Dark after all, and EVERYONE loved that.
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No they didn't, many thought it was a let down.
And you dislike way more than "two things".

As I recall, you said that every supposedly good Gamecube game was rubbish, and that you were selling your cube.

Which is fine by me, as it's you who'll be missing out on these games which you refuse to anticipate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.