GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"50p A GAME!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 12:23
Regular
Okay, let me explain......

My idea is that you buy a playstation game for 50p from the shop and if you die in the game it corrupts the CD and you cant play it anymore, meaning you would have to go and pay another 50p to carry on the game.....

Advantages:

1. The better gamer will be able to get a game for under a quid!

2. It will make people think about the game more eg. Strategies and different routes to take etc.

3. 50p means you can basically buy a demo of the game and see what it is like.

4. There will be more competition between you and your mates that have the game, boasting abut how little you payed for the game.

5. A competition could be set for every person that completes the game, meaning people will want to pay.

Disadvantages:

1. The discs may cost more than 50p to produce (I'm not quite sure how much they cost, but I'm guessing that if they made alot then the price of the discs would fall).....
If anyone can reply and tell me how much they cost to make, you would be a grate help

2. People that arent so good at the game could end up paying £500 for it! Oh well!

3. It could get kinda tiresome going to the shop all the time, but to overcome this you could just buy £10 worth of discs.

If you can think of any more advantages or disadvantages, then just post a message, and if you think my game idea is anygood.

Thanks

Dav1d
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:31
Regular
cooldogs wrote:
> Have you played B&W? there's only five levels so if you give
> away the first 4 levels you've given away most of the game!!!

If the game has only 5 levels then you would only give away the first 1 or 2.....it all depends on the size of the game!
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:33
Yes I know that, I was joking, you know haha! funny laugh. Oh forget it Ill go back to being a goody two shoes!
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:37
Regular
cooldogs wrote:
> Hey think about "one shot kills" games like Rainbow six, how on earth would that work concidering you spend about 10 attempts at each mission, and die each time

Your missing the point cooldogs....its all in comparison to the game you are playing. For a game like rainbow six where you can get killed in one shot maybe you get say 10 lives!

zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dav1d is falling asleep in cooldogs ignorance! :0)
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:43
Sorry but it just wouldnt work!
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:56
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Hideo Kojuima (or however you spell it) the guy behind MGS2 is thinking about writing a game where if you die you cannot play it again. He says he likes the idea.

this 50p thing is a bit pants though. what if you got to the end of the game after £500 of discs, then died. the discs would be useless and youd have to start again.

you need to work on this one a bit more.
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:00
just a tad
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:05
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Little Computer People, on the C64, was a kinda virtual pet, in 1985...

If your little computer guy died, it wrote it to the floppy, so if you tried to boot up the game again, it would just show you little computer guy dead! :)
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:16
Regular
I agree with Slaveunit, the cost of 50p was really just an example, and a catchy phrase to get people interested.

If I had the topic title as "A game that you buy from the shop, and play on your playstation, that when you get killed a certain amount of times, you cannot play the game again" I dont think people would even bother looking at it!

The main idea is the fact that once you die (a certain amount of times) thats it...the game is finished.

This will make people think about the game more rather than just saving the game and messing about until youve finally completed it after 6000 attemps!

Anyway can you imagine the buzz, when youve payed for a game and only have one life left, in the last level, against the final boss! WOW! That would kill ya!

PS I would like to thank Armitage Shanks for sticking up for me from the start ;0)

Dav1d
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:00
Regular
Slaveunit wrote:
> Hideo Kojuima (or however you spell it) the guy behind MGS2 is thinking about writing a game where if you die you cannot play it again. He says he likes the idea.

MGS is probably one of the best games ever produced on the playstation and if the maker of it think its a good idea it most likely is.

He probably got the idea from this forum! ;0)

Dav1d
Wed 18/07/01 at 01:25
"Uzi Lover"
Much like a arcade machine but that eats at your pound coins! grrrr

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.