GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark 2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
It's out there. We're making it. No one will be disappointed." This was Ken Lobb's response to a question posed by GameSpot at the E3 press conference this year. Will there be a sequel to Perfect Dark on the GameCube? Only time will tell. If their will be a Perfect Dark sequel on the NGC then due to the fact that Perfect Dark for the N64 had so many delays it is very doubtfull that Perfect Dark will make it as a launch title for the GameCube this November 5th.
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:00
Perfect Dark 2 , After Dark , Perfect Dark Zero ? The title of the sequel has not yet been confirmed .

Apparently online play is a possibility.
[:o)]

Anyone know of a release date ?
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:02
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
it's called After Dark isn't it?

Not sure about the mapping your own face onto sims and fighting your mates on screen because of when they were going to do it for the N64 version it was canned because of they didn't want it warping kids minds into kiling each other in real life!!!!
stupid i know but true

still i hope we can use the camera for PD2 it'll be hella cool!
Tue 17/07/01 at 19:52
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
including myself, plus the multi-player wont be as good in 3rd person, I mean im all for change but id be happy with the exact same game with new levels!
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Because everyone loved Perfect Dark in the FPV.
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:56
Regular
"not dead"
Why is it that a topic regarding Perfect Dark 2 can get so many responses, but rumours that the game may take on a third person approach so few?
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:00
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
And as great as the first PD was it doesent last for ever so a sequal with better graphics and on-line options sounds great and will make it last longer.
But saying that I am still playing PD in multi-player and perfect agent missions after a year of buying it.
But not sure about the 3rd person view i know it works well in jfg but PD is a different kettle of fish, oh and a jump button wouls be a nice touch also.
Tue 17/07/01 at 10:36
Regular
"DS..."
yes but just think of the possibilities, online gaming + sims would equal to one hell of a multiplayer! and the GBA camera could at long last let you put your face into perfect dark! plus Rare have already announced that it could be a third person shooter, who knows what other tricks and suprises they have in store this could potentially be a great sequel...
slik ?_?
Tue 17/07/01 at 10:25
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I know I might be going into a little too much deth here, but do we really want a Perfect dark 2?

I mean for me, the first one still has everything I want from a console FPS... all the modes, lots of character and guns.

The only thing Rare will be able to improve upon will ht the grahics, and the N64 ones were good enough.

I would much rather see their Next-Gen efforts go into a better DK games. Or even better, a JFG sequel. I know what Rare a capable of but I have a feeling their getting too much franchises under their belt and not making enough of them.

I mean they had one game for JFG, one for Mickey's Speedway, one for DK, one for Killer Instinct.... they're only skimming the surface of their franchises at the moment when they could be doing a lot more!

Developing new ones is always a good thing, but to let games like JFG come and go is a real shame! I would much prefer to see sequels on the Gamecube of games they can improve upon significantly enough... Perfect dark, in my opinion, is not one of those games.

Game
Tue 17/07/01 at 00:20
Regular
Perfect dark2 or perfect dark zero or after dark.....whatever they are gonna call it, wont be out till late 2002.
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:36
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
its possible ??
also on-line play would be excellent but I say keep the numbers down to about 8 players because then you will lose the oringinal vision.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.