GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark 2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
It's out there. We're making it. No one will be disappointed." This was Ken Lobb's response to a question posed by GameSpot at the E3 press conference this year. Will there be a sequel to Perfect Dark on the GameCube? Only time will tell. If their will be a Perfect Dark sequel on the NGC then due to the fact that Perfect Dark for the N64 had so many delays it is very doubtfull that Perfect Dark will make it as a launch title for the GameCube this November 5th.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:06
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
With DVD finally being used by Nintendo more games company will hopefully come forward and make the GameCube another success. Perfect Dark 2 will be followed by many 3rd party attempts at games. The Playstation was drowned in them with many being terrible games but many are brilliant. Games companies teaming up has been seen before with Sega and Nintendo working toether on an RPG Maybe Rare will stay alone or team up with other greats. It wouldn't surprise me if they started publishing 3rd party attempts.
Sun 22/07/01 at 19:48
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Many people haven't noticed that the creators Rare seem to be a Nintendo-only company. Also Perfect Dark 2 would not be a Bond game but a Perfect Dark game using the same engine as PD and Goldeneye with a few extras. I only hope that the missions are better than PD as some were quite disappointing and not replayable but they hit home with the multiplayer. Probably the most editable multiplayer around but sad there aren't any maps to make use of the Sniper Rifle. I'm also glad of the no proper cheats because that takes the fun out of it but sadly there were a few bugs that you could take advantage of. Perfect Dark gives them such a choice for story as if they made a Bond game which they may again they are rather limited. Also like cheap wrestling games I hope they give you a brilliant choice for making your multiplayer character look ugly. With the biggest selection of guns on this earth this should be good.
Sun 22/07/01 at 11:32
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I think I heard it on cybernet they were showing the ps2 clip then said that a gamecube version is also planned.
I mean what would a bond game be without a Nintendo michine I just hope they concentrate on the multi player more then EA did on the world is not enough the single player was fun but only the first time round!
Sun 22/07/01 at 10:29
Regular
"^_^"
I do want Rare to release an improved Goldeneye on the Gamecube making full use of all graphics and such. It would be a really good game if they would just update it and put it on the Gamecube.
Sun 22/07/01 at 08:42
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I was well aware of such a title for the PS2 but where did you read that the game is on its way to Gamecube, 2cool4you?
Sat 21/07/01 at 21:19
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Hey Mr Parr there already is a bond game planned for the game cube "Agent Under Fire", But its not based on any of the films plus it will be out on ps2 first I think, and in case you wouldent have guessed its not by RARE, pity but it still looks very convincing, Saw a video of the ps2 version , not only do you have fps aspect you also drive a go and shoot at people ala spy hunter!!!
Sat 21/07/01 at 15:16
Regular
Good game - I think "Goldeneye" was better!
Sat 21/07/01 at 11:20
Regular
"Bah"
Yes we all know with N64 games is that they take absolutely ages to comne out but when you put the cartridge in the console and see that magic logo you know that the wait was worth it.Perfect Dark was awsome,i got if the day it came out and it took me several months to complete every mode and unlock everything.It was a blast from start to finish,and had most of what you could want from a game,and several things the world is not enough lacks.The answer is yes,Nintendo will make a Perfect Dark 2 because they know that they have us in their hands,and they can make more of a deal about it if they say that there will be a sequel after the consolke is launched so they will get another swarm of people that will buy the console soley for that game.The future of gaming has never been so well planned.
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:10
Regular
"^_^"
As soon as PD came out on the N64 Rare were wispering things saying there will be another. But they said it could star Joanna's sister (blonde one forgot her name). I think Rare should stick to Joanna or even just make another Bond game with really good graphics set on the next film. (Or they could make both please)
Sat 21/07/01 at 09:48
Regular
"DS..."
putting pd2 in a 3rd person view is one thing, but getting rid of Joanna Dark!! that is totally out of order, and i think i'm going to go over to Rare's official websites and find out what parts of this fiasco are true and which are rumors! anyone who want's to join me the URL is www.rareware.com
slik !_!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.