GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are Sony doing?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 15:16
Regular
Well, E3 is here, and eh, does it look like the PS2 is finally dead?

There are no major PS2 announcements from Sony.

No top quality Sony games, no nothing about the PS2.

No online wants, no single player wants, just nothing.

A not very interesting announcement about Cell workstations by the end of the year, and a hand held device.

So, the PS2 finally dying?

We've got Metal Gear Solid 3, and Gran Turismo 4 to look farward to as exclusives, woohoo :D

My Xbox might be my favourite console in the coming months, Doom 3 Live, Halo 2 Live, The Red Star, PES Live, and the full EA lineup Live, yes I want NHL on my Xbox.

Microsoft are now THE major player in the games console industry, and Live has swung it for them.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:30
Regular
For a minute there I could have sworn that no specs for XBox 2 had been released. Not sure about PS3 because I don't keep a track on it, but nothing has been confirmed about Xbox 2.

Do you seriously think Microsoft would go to the trouble they are with Xbox Live if there was going to be no kind of harddrive on Xbox 2? Over the next 6 months they're bringing in features like customisable content so people will be able to make their own levels and put them on servers so other gamers can download them. Without a harddrive downloadable content and patches just wouldn't be an option.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Time Up"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Cusack wrote:
> You still can't tell which will be better, unless you're a fortune
> teller or you work with both Sony and Microsoft and they both let
> you
> play both games before they were released. =p
>
> Eh? What ever happened to opinion? I don't recall saying anything
> factual about either game. Jeez, lighten up, fanboy.
Keep your opinion for yourself because it doesn't have to be right, all the major game reviewers didn't like the Twin Snakes, while the people liked it, so the reviewers opinion didn't matter, also all major game reviewers liked mgs2, and said it's best ps2 game evr and all that, but it disappointed the people, besides how can you create an opinion for something you haven't actually experienced ? That's crap, you can't have an opinion at this point, do you rmember the people's impression when they found out that the wind waker was cell shaded ? And do you remember their impression after playing it ? Just wait for both to be released and then create your opinion as you like, and I'm not a fan boy, I like Zelda and Halo, the console doesn't matter to me, it's the games, I'll follow the good games on whatever console they are released on.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Time Up"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> For a minute there I could have sworn that no specs for XBox 2 had
> been released. Not sure about PS3 because I don't keep a track on it,
> but nothing has been confirmed about Xbox 2.
>
> Do you seriously think Microsoft would go to the trouble they are
> with Xbox Live if there was going to be no kind of harddrive on Xbox
> 2? Over the next 6 months they're bringing in features like
> customisable content so people will be able to make their own levels
> and put them on servers so other gamers can download them. Without a
> harddrive downloadable content and patches just wouldn't be an
> option.
According to official statistics, the cell processor of the ps3 is going to be the most powerful processor on the face of the earth, besides it is expected for ps3 to arrive after Xbox 2, so what happened between ps2 and Xbox, will happen between ps3 and Xbox 2, it's just that the ps3 will have the advantage this time, besides don't forget that Nividia dumped microsoft, and they will manufacture the graphics chip for the ps3, while ATI will manufacture the graphics chip for Xbox2.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:42
Regular
Keep my opinion to myself? WHAT THE FOOK?

Okay, so I'll keep my opiniion to myself on a Discussion Forum, yes.

You really are a retard Cusack. Oh, and how can't I have an opinion on a game that isn't even out yet? What the hell do you think preview coverage is for?!? We're supposed to not care anything for a game until it's released? Right, well you can do that if you want, but I'll stick to the sane process of forming an opinion on a game before I go out and buy a crap game - realising I've just wasted my money because I didn't form a pre-purchase opinion.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:43
Regular
Cusack wrote:
> And Kill zone Kicks Halo's Ars.

And what the hell is that then? You bloody hypocrite.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:44
Regular
Cusack wrote:

> According to official statistics, the cell processor of the ps3 is
> going to be the most powerful processor on the face of the earth,

I'm guesing those statistics came from the same land of hype that the 'emotion engine' did.

Sony are kings of hype, I wouldn't believe everything they say if I was you.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Cusack wrote:
> Keep your opinion for yourself because it doesn't have to be right,
> all the major game reviewers didn't like the Twin Snakes, while the
> people liked it

False. Some major game reviewers did like it, while I'm sure a fair amount of gamers didn't. You're just inventing your own facts here.

> also all
> major game reviewers liked mgs2, and said it's best ps2 game evr and
> all that, but it disappointed the people, besides how can you create
> an opinion for something you haven't actually experienced ?

Well, unless you've experienced the same thoughts as the whole MGS2-playing population, I don't think you can really form an opinion on whether or not people like or dislike the game. You're just being a hypocrite on this occasion.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:48
Regular
ATI are the only current manufacturer to support 3Dc compression in hardware.

If I was making a console, I'd want the new ATI chip in it.

3Dc is a hardware implementation of Polybumping, the technology which helps make the models in Doom 3 look so damn fine :D

Anyway, Sony official sources rubbished the Nvidia GPU claim saying that Sony are designing their own graphics chip for the PS3, the same way they did for the PS2.

[URL]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=dev&aid=2161[/URL]
Fri 14/05/04 at 19:49
Regular
"Time Up"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Keep my opinion to myself? WHAT THE FOOK?
>
> Okay, so I'll keep my opiniion to myself on a Discussion
> Forum
, yes.
>
> You really are a retard Cusack. Oh, and how can't I have an opinion
> on a game that isn't even out yet? What the hell do you think preview
> coverage is for?!? We're supposed to not care anything for a game
> until it's released? Right, well you can do that if you want, but
> I'll stick to the sane process of forming an opinion on a game
> before I go out and buy a crap game - realising I've just
> wasted my money because I didn't form a pre-purchase opinion.
That's not what I meant. i meant to tell you not to go arround saying that this game is bad and this game is good, and this game is better than that game, before playing them, if you want to create a pre-purchase opinion, you can only give general ideas, for instance you could say"this has improved" and "that looks great" but you can't say "this one is better than that one", how on earth would you know ?
Fri 14/05/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Time Up"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Cusack wrote:
> Keep your opinion for yourself because it doesn't have to be right,
> all the major game reviewers didn't like the Twin Snakes, while the
> people liked it
>
> False. Some major game reviewers did like it, while I'm sure a fair
> amount of gamers didn't. You're just inventing your own facts here.

Wrong . I am right. It's true, I've read many reviews including ign's and a translation of the famitsu review saying that there are flaws with the game, and when I said this to people on this very same forum, they totally disagreed and said that they love it, and the reviews are wrong, I didn't make anything up, I just read some web site reviews , and some people told me their opinion, why on earth would I make it up ?

> also all
> major game reviewers liked mgs2, and said it's best ps2 game evr and
> all that, but it disappointed the people, besides how can you create
> an opinion for something you haven't actually experienced ?
>
> Well, unless you've experienced the same thoughts as the whole
> MGS2-playing population, I don't think you can really form an opinion
> on whether or not people like or dislike the game. You're just being
> a hypocrite on this occasion.
I am talking about the majority, at least people of this forum, there was a thread that had 50+ posts about mgs2 being a big disappointement, but yet that doesn't mean it's a bad game, actually it's a great game, it's just that mgs1 had a better story, that's all, and that's why many people got disappointed, and they are from this forum so don't keep saying that I made it up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.