GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are Sony doing?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 15:16
Regular
Well, E3 is here, and eh, does it look like the PS2 is finally dead?

There are no major PS2 announcements from Sony.

No top quality Sony games, no nothing about the PS2.

No online wants, no single player wants, just nothing.

A not very interesting announcement about Cell workstations by the end of the year, and a hand held device.

So, the PS2 finally dying?

We've got Metal Gear Solid 3, and Gran Turismo 4 to look farward to as exclusives, woohoo :D

My Xbox might be my favourite console in the coming months, Doom 3 Live, Halo 2 Live, The Red Star, PES Live, and the full EA lineup Live, yes I want NHL on my Xbox.

Microsoft are now THE major player in the games console industry, and Live has swung it for them.
Thu 13/05/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Bagz wrote:
> It will have a small useless screen that you can hardly see anything
> of. To many buttons for a handheld device. Also it will be as
> irritating as a gameboy too.

Are you sure you're not getting confused with the N-Gage? Also, how is a Gameboy irritating?

:)
Thu 13/05/04 at 19:23
"period drama"
Aha.
Have you even seen it?
Foo'

The DS and the PSP are thins to be excited about - marking a massive step forward in hand-held gaming. Nothing is ripped off, nothing is poxy - these are amazing machines.
And whole other animals to the GBA.

The GB'll look like a tamagotchi when these two biznitches come out.
Thu 13/05/04 at 19:31
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> You can hardly say MS put on a stonking E3 show, because they didn't.

The lowest point was showing the Crash demo again, but revamped. Allard suggested it didn't look that much at first, but the other car was "made from scratch". Yes, by using the exact same model and changing the shell colour. Excellent. And of course the wonderful info afterwards about how the guy who did the demo received so many phone calls - I mean, so what???

Also worthy of mention was Bach's artificially prolonged handshake with the EA CEO, in an effort to emphasise their new "friendship" in online play.
Thu 13/05/04 at 19:33
"period drama"
How I larf.
Thu 13/05/04 at 23:53
Regular
Microsoft's pre-e3 conference was a bit mince.

I don't care about the pre-e3 conference all that much, the show proper has started and the Xbox has shown Halo 2 and Doom 3.

That's enough to make it have a better show than the PS2 already.

MGS:Substance is on the Xbox, no doubt 3 will be eventually too. PES is coming to the Xbox this year and San Andreas will be on the Xbox not long after the PS2 as well.

Sony have no good exclusves left, the only good exclusive PS2 game sI've seen yet are GT4 and probably AC5 when they finally show it.
Fri 14/05/04 at 01:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Don't have an Xbox so don't care. There's a ton of great games coming out on the PS2, which i'll be playing so at the moment for the games coming out in the next few months i'll be kept very occupied. Not too bothered if a game is exclusive or not, there's hardly any difference anyway apart from nicer graphics and most Xbox games i'll be able to play now on my brand new PC so i'll stick to the PS2 and the likes of Star Ocean 3, Phantom Brave, Killzone and Gran Turismo 4 thanks
Fri 14/05/04 at 01:30
Regular
"Time Up"
Bonus wrote:
> Microsoft's pre-e3 conference was a bit mince.
>
> I don't care about the pre-e3 conference all that much, the show
> proper has started and the Xbox has shown Halo 2 and Doom 3.
>
> That's enough to make it have a better show than the PS2 already.
>
> MGS:Substance is on the Xbox, no doubt 3 will be eventually too. PES
> is coming to the Xbox this year and San Andreas will be on the Xbox
> not long after the PS2 as well.
>
> Sony have no good exclusves left, the only good exclusive PS2 game
> sI've seen yet are GT4 and probably AC5 when they finally show it.
You can't tell for sure that mgs3 will be on Xbox, there was time to make substance so it was released for Xbox and ps2 alltogether, you see, this is what happened with mgs1, integral is the one that arrived on pc, not the original mgs1, while substance arrived on pc and Xbox, not the original sons of liberty, and there isn't going to be an additional game for mgs3, because they have already prepared for designing mgs4 for ps4, they are just waiting to release mgs3 and then receive the ps3 dev kit from Sony. And this thing with GTA, I've said it a million times before: Vice City arrived on Xbox according to a deal between sony and rockstar, this deal was supposed to end the eclusivity of vice city in exchange of making San Andreas ps2 exclusive. and pes3 is coming to Xbox, not 4, or at least Xbox owners will be playing pes3 while ps2 owners will be playing pes4 with the online options.
Fri 14/05/04 at 02:04
Regular
Cusack wrote:
> And this thing with GTA, I've
> said it a million times before: Vice City arrived on Xbox according
> to a deal between sony and rockstar, this deal was supposed to end
> the eclusivity of vice city in exchange of making San Andreas ps2
> exclusive. and pes3 is coming to Xbox, not 4, or at least Xbox owners
> will be playing pes3 while ps2 owners will be playing pes4 with the
> online options.

The exact version of PES for the Xbox has not yet been confirmed. All konami have said is that the PES series is coming to Xbox.

The GTA exclusivity deal between Rockstar and Sony was time limited. You can say what you like time and time again, but the GTA box set for the Xbox was released on the 1st of January this year, because th Sony xclusivity deal only ran until the end of 2003, nothing ot do with a done deal for San Andreas.
Fri 14/05/04 at 02:12
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think the end of the year will see the start of the end for the ps2, after these big games come out i cant see where they go after that other than ps3 which is supposedly not going to be so outclassed in power this time.
The next generation i expect will really bring online to the masses, which is when it will take off, with broadband getting cheaper and easier to get hold of.
Fri 14/05/04 at 06:44
Regular
"Time Up"
Bonus wrote:
> Cusack wrote:
> And this thing with GTA, I've
> said it a million times before: Vice City arrived on Xbox according
> to a deal between sony and rockstar, this deal was supposed to end
> the eclusivity of vice city in exchange of making San Andreas ps2
> exclusive. and pes3 is coming to Xbox, not 4, or at least Xbox
> owners
> will be playing pes3 while ps2 owners will be playing pes4 with the
> online options.
>
> The exact version of PES for the Xbox has not yet been confirmed.
> All konami have said is that the PES series is coming to Xbox.
>
> The GTA exclusivity deal between Rockstar and Sony was time limited.
> You can say what you like time and time again, but the GTA box set
> for the Xbox was released on the 1st of January this year, because th
> Sony xclusivity deal only ran until the end of 2003, nothing ot do
> with a done deal for San Andreas.
That's completely wrong, I don't know where did you read this crap from,butI can tell you that Sony let VC be released on Xbox by their own will , and not because of a time limit, and that was for exchange for a San Andreas exclusivity deal, and I read that in the official playstation 2 magazine, so shut up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.