GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are Sony doing?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 15:16
Regular
Well, E3 is here, and eh, does it look like the PS2 is finally dead?

There are no major PS2 announcements from Sony.

No top quality Sony games, no nothing about the PS2.

No online wants, no single player wants, just nothing.

A not very interesting announcement about Cell workstations by the end of the year, and a hand held device.

So, the PS2 finally dying?

We've got Metal Gear Solid 3, and Gran Turismo 4 to look farward to as exclusives, woohoo :D

My Xbox might be my favourite console in the coming months, Doom 3 Live, Halo 2 Live, The Red Star, PES Live, and the full EA lineup Live, yes I want NHL on my Xbox.

Microsoft are now THE major player in the games console industry, and Live has swung it for them.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:16
Regular
Well, E3 is here, and eh, does it look like the PS2 is finally dead?

There are no major PS2 announcements from Sony.

No top quality Sony games, no nothing about the PS2.

No online wants, no single player wants, just nothing.

A not very interesting announcement about Cell workstations by the end of the year, and a hand held device.

So, the PS2 finally dying?

We've got Metal Gear Solid 3, and Gran Turismo 4 to look farward to as exclusives, woohoo :D

My Xbox might be my favourite console in the coming months, Doom 3 Live, Halo 2 Live, The Red Star, PES Live, and the full EA lineup Live, yes I want NHL on my Xbox.

Microsoft are now THE major player in the games console industry, and Live has swung it for them.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
PS2 has been about for a while now so Sony seem to be concentrating on what happens next, we already know about most of the big PS2 games to come - (Killzone, Nam67, MGS 3, GT4, GTA San Andreas etc)
But I admit it has been rather quiet for all formats.

PSP was the big news for Sony this E3, DS for Nintendo and not much for the XBox.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:27
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I'm seeing lots and lots of Sony stuff. I think you're just not looking.

Ace Combat 5 is my highlight so far.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:31
Regular
Ace Combat 5 will be good, granted, AC4 was immense in my opinion.

San Andreas will be a top notch game, but still, It's not really anything worth getting that excited about the PS2 for this year.

We know that it will com out on the Xbox eventually, so the prospect of playing it on the same system as Doom 3 and Halo 2 need to make it essential that Sony does something worthwhile.

I think the lack of interest in online gaming for this console generation is finally coming to bite Sony and Nintendo, the fact that both companies new handhelds will support network multiplayer gaming has to a concession that people are ready and wanting this technology in their games, now.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:38
Regular
Will AC5 be online?
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:41
Regular
An announcement about AC5 being online would make a difference to Sony's e3.

Still not particularly a Sony announcement, but it will make things a bit better for them.
Thu 13/05/04 at 17:33
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Personally im just waiting patiently for Pro Evo 4, Driver 3, GTA San Andreas and the new MGS games.

As long as all these live up to expectation that will do me for the year. There has been some good games on showcase from what i have seen so far, so i think the PS2 is still some way from dieing out. PS2 is going well, Sony can leave it to carry on as it is, and concentrate on showing off the PSP.
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Live is over rated. Easily. Easily.

I played on RS3 online earlier, then Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.

TS is much more fun. But Live is terrific. But over rated.
Thu 13/05/04 at 19:12
"period drama"
Mmmm ... Ace Combat.
Can't beat it.

You can hardly say MS put on a stonking E3 show, because they didn't. The PSP knocked Sony up a bit.
But Ninty shat over both of them. Through a fan.
Thu 13/05/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Darn it!!!!!!™"
I don't see why this 'PSP' is such a big deal. Its going to be a small poxy little Gameboy rip-off.

It will have a small useless screen that you can hardly see anything of. To many buttons for a handheld device. Also it will be as irritating as a gameboy too.

Generally i think it is a useless idea for Sony and they should stick to making the PS series as great as i can possibly be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.