GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the Gamecube could fail."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 12:17
Regular
I have been a nintendo fan for all of my gaming life, but it brings me to tears to say that it is a relationship that could soon be coming to an end. The reason for this is the Gamecube. Ok the gamecube sounds like a good idea and probably would have been if it was released around the same time as tthe ps2 and not in the spring of 2002. In spring 2002 the ps2 will have probably have fallen in price, will have a vast selection of software available to choose from and in my opinion will be firmly placed as the people's fav next gen console. Also by Spring of 2002 there will probably be rumors of ps3 being developed, thus making the Gamecube sales go down. It seems to me that nintendo are and could always be one step behind playstaion. For nintendo to get one step in front and rule the console market again as they used to, i think they should dump the gamecube idea and start work on a 256bit console. If they keep on going at the rate they are now and keep on bring their consoles out after sony and the rest of the competition then they will never again rule the console market.

What are your views? what next gen console would you buy out of the ones that will be available when Gamecube is released? what next gen console will dominate the market? try to show me the light, try to guide me bakc to nintendo heaven please.
Tue 17/07/01 at 09:33
Regular
"not dead"
No, it's already had it's slip.

The Japanese release was put back, but they've put the Euro release so far ahead, that it's unlikely to slip again.

I'm still hoping it will be brought forward!
Tue 17/07/01 at 09:31
Your Honour wrote:
> Why the 'Cube won't fail.

Whens it out? Plenty of time left yet.
> Anyway, maybe Nintendo don't want loads of hype surrounding the
> launch, unlike the PS2?

Last I heard it ws was set for release in spring 2002, dont know if thats changed yet. The date will probably slip back though, remeber what happened with the N64 release date.
Tue 17/07/01 at 09:27
Regular
Why the 'Cube won't fail.

Whens it out? Plenty of time left yet. Anyway, maybe Nintendo don't want loads of hype surrounding the launch, unlike the PS2?
Tue 17/07/01 at 09:24
Regular
"not dead"
Why the GAMECUBE could fail:

There aren't too many people that are excited by it yet. How many casual gamers know of it's existance?

How many people on this site know next to nothing about it?
Tue 17/07/01 at 09:21
Turbonutter wrote:
> semajal wrote:
> gamecube rules. enough said. It will beat Xbox
> and p**s 2

With an attitude like that you could get yourself
> killed round here. We take a more intelligent approach to consoles
> wars. If you haven't got anything sensible to contribute, naff off
> back to the Nintendo forum.

Is it really worth killing someone just to try and prove which console is the best. I know your a turbonutter but come on, you dont have to do this. : D
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
semajal wrote:
> gamecube rules. enough said. It will beat Xbox and p**s 2

With an attitude like that you could get yourself killed round here. We take a more intelligent approach to consoles wars. If you haven't got anything sensible to contribute, naff off back to the Nintendo forum.
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:46
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
gamecube rules. enough said. It will beat Xbox and p**s 2
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:38
Regular
GC has GBA and it comes out in Japan this september!!!!!!!!

The GC looks to do better than the 64 and be better! It is cheaper, plays better games and smaller!

It will succedd especially eith the gBA to back it up!
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:32
Regular
"How Handy."
Maybe I'm wrong here, but didn't the Saturn come out before the Playstation???

Look what happened to that! It just goes to prove that you need a decent console to win the war.
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:27
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I have a feeling that that might happen, because Sony has like a year headstart so as you said PS2 will have a vast selection of games while Nintendo will only have release games. PS2 hasent been sucsesful as the PS1 in my view, but the true Nintendo fans will beat off the Sony and Microsoft opposition with a very large stick. The true Nintendo nus in your blood will shine through, think of the games, the quality and the graphics, Ohh the graphics! The games will develop faster because they will be on disk not on cartridge which means bigger games and more of them ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.