GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why PlayStation 2 Is Great"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 08:47
Regular
Erm, compared to the Dreamcast which is also 128-bit, I was wondering, just WHY IS the PS2 so great? What makes it so different to the Dreamcast?

(Arguments with the words DVD in them will be ignored, I already have a DC and a DVD player thankyou.)
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:31
Lol
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:26
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Yes I am sure it does "rule" but I am talking about the future.
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:20
SOul calibur rules! Read my review!
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:18
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
What fighting games has DC got comming out then? I would rather wait ages for a fighting game than have it rushed and looked shabby. Tekken 4 is going to be good, and going to have a good story line to it.
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:09
As long as the stone doesn't break the PS2.

But if you love fighting games AND love waiting ages for them, then the PS2 is the one for you.

Soul Calibur 2 this year? Nah

VF4 this year? Nah

Tekken 4? Hmm
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:07
M16 wrote:
> Dan Said:
That doesn't make sense. So, they're on Dreamcast, but
> now coming to PS2, making the PS2 better...

Sorry, didn't explain
> myself. If people notice that all (not all) are comming to the PS2
> and when people see this they are going to think that the PS2 is a
> better choice because 1) It has a brighter future, 2) It has some
> quality DC games comming to it.

Basically, you are hitting 2
> birds with 1 stone when buying a Ps2.

It is too early for me to
> make sense... half human half eagle.

Excellent justification Dan!
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:04
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Dan Said:
That doesn't make sense. So, they're on Dreamcast, but now coming to PS2, making the PS2 better...

Sorry, didn't explain myself. If people notice that all (not all) are comming to the PS2 and when people see this they are going to think that the PS2 is a better choice because 1) It has a brighter future, 2) It has some quality DC games comming to it.

Basically, you are hitting 2 birds with 1 stone when buying a Ps2.

It is too early for me to make sense... half human half eagle.
Sun 15/07/01 at 09:57
Well I think they are very equal indeed. There is hardly any difference so everyone is saying their one is better. Personally I think the games on the DC are better but the Ps2 can still porve me wrong.
Sun 15/07/01 at 09:48
"I would also say that the PS2 is slightly better tan the DC because some of the great DC titles are on it’s way to the PS2, along with a few other consoles. "

That doesn't make sense. So, they're on Dreamcast, but now coming to PS2, making the PS2 better...

FM - the PS2 as you know is not the easiest console to develop for and there are some shockingly awful games on the system, but then there are some equally appalling titles on thr Dreamcast - like Slave Zero for instance.

The PS2 didn't impress me that much, but I'm saving for one again so I can get GT3.

DC is great, but the PS2 has a longer future - i.e. more titles being released, because the DC is apparently dead :( Pah! CHeck out the "Gutted Mate your console is DEAD" topic in prime.

Thanks
Sun 15/07/01 at 09:41
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
There is not a winner with this argument between the PS2 and Dreamcast, but I would say that if I would have to place a 1st place medal around a console it would have to be the PS2. I know many people would choose the Dreamcast but I am thinking ahead. For me, when I buy a console, no matter how much it costs, it has to have some sort of a future ahead of it. I am not too sure how long the Dreamcast is going to be good for new games, but when I see news headlines such as “The DC is dead” am I going to want to own a DC? I think not. Although, I do own one and I can say it was money well spent but now my PS2 towers over the shadowed DC and the PS2 has a better future.

I would also say that the PS2 is slightly better tan the DC because some of the great DC titles are on it’s way to the PS2, along with a few other consoles.

For originality the DC wins because I feel that Sega have been far more creative than Sony, take the Visual Memory Card for instance, brilliant!

I am not trying to start any console wars posts with this reply.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.