GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"problems with my pc/ internet"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/01/07 at 08:00
Regular
"boofy them"
hi - i wonder if anyone can help.

i have a new laptop and am having trouble getting on to some sites (eg. paypal and tesco -when you have logged in) The green bar at the bottom slowly moves to show that it is loading but then stops at about 5 little block things.

Any suggestions?? Thanks
Thu 18/01/07 at 22:04
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
If your still having problems with this amandag, give our department a call, we can talk you through forcing your DNS servers on your system and also lowering your MTU setting on your router if your unsure on how to do these.
Fri 12/01/07 at 19:19
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
You download Firefox from the site I just gave you, and then you use it instead of IE.
Fri 12/01/07 at 19:00
Regular
"boofy them"
hello, thanks for that - i'm not sure how to change my browser??
Fri 12/01/07 at 18:41
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Try using a different browser.
If you're using Internet Explorer then pretty much everything is an upgrade, but Firefox is the common one.
Fri 12/01/07 at 18:26
Regular
"boofy them"
hello, me again, yet more problems with my laptop. As suggested I have looked at my firewall which was off and have gone into interent options and tried to turn the security down to medium low, but it won't let me??

Now, when I go onto ebay and in 'my ebay' the page downloads but i can only see the very top of it eg, buy, sell etc, but not any of my stuff. I emailed the ebay people and they said to delete the cookies and history as too much in cache (?) This worked for a while, but not anymroe. Now i can't contact ebay again as can't see the page!!

Ahhh - I am also still having problems getting on to some web pages as the green bar at the bottom stops at about 4-5 green block things. Can anyone help???? :-)
Mon 08/01/07 at 21:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> If you're checking it's not interfering, it actually should be
> set to "off".

I didn't mention that because of security issues. I think it's more likely to be something in Internet Options and the security policy being too high.
Mon 08/01/07 at 21:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
If you're checking it's not interfering, it actually should be set to "off".
Mon 08/01/07 at 21:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Go to My Computer, then Control Panel, then Windows Firewall.
It should be set to On.

Oh this could be a thing to do with Internet Options. I had problems setting it up for my dad a while back. I'll take a look.

You do have broadband right?
Mon 08/01/07 at 21:14
Regular
"boofy them"
yes
Mon 08/01/07 at 21:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Are you using Windows XP?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.