GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega + Sammy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/05/04 at 22:10
"Majestic"
Well you've heard the news, Sega and Sammy are coming together "to be the largest entertainment company"
Head over to Cube-Europe for the news, or click here: [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6537[/URL]

Dringo already left a Comment:
"Oh dear, I hope SEGA have a large say in all of this...

After all Sammy do not like Nintendo."

So, who the hell is Sammy!?
Sat 22/05/04 at 23:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> So the skies team are working on a port? For 2 years? And nothing
> else at all... just a port?
>
> You really believe that?

Why not? All the worked on for two years 2000-2002 was the Legends port to Cube. Sure, they put back in some extra stuff but it was still two years. This time round the game is the same, but they're radically uphauling the graphics. Would take probably the same amount of time, if not more as the Cube is so easy to work with. So yeh, I believe that.
Sat 22/05/04 at 17:58
Regular
He was in Kill Bill wasn't he :D

So the skies team are working on a port? For 2 years? And nothing else at all... just a port?

You really believe that?

Or could they be working on 2 projects!
Sat 22/05/04 at 15:27
Regular
Aye, this is a picture of the supposed leader of the Yakuza: [URL]http://217.158.120.86/www/public/images/people/tonyrainbird.gif[/URL]
Sat 22/05/04 at 15:19
Regular
Does anyone know that Sammy is connected to the Japanese Mafia, also known as The "Yakuza". It is a Giant manufacturer of modern gambling machines. It started in the market by co-operating with some of the Yakuza contributers who took part in supplying Sammy with funds for starting their business. And although the activiteies of "Sammy Corporation" are different from the activities of "Sammy Studios" which is responsible for video games development and "Sammy Entertainment" in The United States, Sammy remains with suspicious connections with the Japanese Yakuza.
Sat 22/05/04 at 13:30
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I fear for Sega after this little take over.

The next year is going to decide SEGA's position in the market, and, to be honest, I think we'll all be seeing a lot less of them now...
Sat 22/05/04 at 13:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Have you looked at Virtual Fighter Quest and Amazing Island?
>
> They are actually two decent titles.

I would still prefer Skies 2 or even a Skies PC port. I think most others would too, at least prefer a Skies 2. It would be amazing.

> That's my point Tphi, they are working on other things whilst porting
> the other Skies games... they would split their time between 2
> projects... Skies port and a new Skies game (maybe).

I said Sega-Wow were working on other things. Your point was that the Skies team were. And they're not. They're working on Skies, but other people in Sega-Wow may be working on other things, yet unnanounced.. Like an Arcade only game with Sammy people. Anyway, the Dev teams are getting mixed around again now.
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:20
Regular
Have you looked at Virtual Fighter Quest and Amazing Island?

They are actually two decent titles.

That's my point Tphi, they are working on other things whilst porting the other Skies games... they would split their time between 2 projects... Skies port and a new Skies game (maybe).

Therefore porting will take longer as would releasing the Second Skies title.
Sat 22/05/04 at 00:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> A: Super Monkey Ball 3 has developed a serious fan base on the
> Nintendo system thusly any future SMB title would be a Nintendo one
> or risk losing the fan base.

There has been no news of a Monkey Ball 3 ever appearing though. But yes any future one would be on Cube, never doubted that.
>
> B: You are trying to tell me the skies team have spent the last 4
> years developing 2 ports?
The Skies team no longer exist. Overworks merged with another dev team to become Sega-Wow. So they finish making the DC original in 2000 and have Legends ready in 2002. That's two years for porting the title and adding some extras. This is about the same amount of time they've spent for porting the PC version this time. Maybe it's taking longer, I don't know. Wasn't the Cube supposed to be easy to develop for?
Either way, the graphics are being upgraded in a big way, as you'll know as you'll have seen the screenshots. Don't ask me why it's taking so long for it to come out. But Sega-Wow as the merged team is now called has been doing other stuff as well.
>
> Stop worrying... take the positive from the show, Amazing Island is
> from Smilebit and Virtual Fighter Quest is from AM2.... 2 SEGA
> devision who had previously mad NO Gamecube titles.

No offence, but give me Skies 2 or even Skies PC any day.
Sat 22/05/04 at 00:30
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> Of course Sega aren't they used to be one of the biggest hardware
> and
> software developers in the world
>
> But of course the biggest developer in the world is EA...

And you point this out because?

Ah, Goldeneye 2, best use of a license ever.
Sat 22/05/04 at 00:00
Regular
> tphi wrote:
> Of course Sega aren't they used to be one of the biggest hardware
> and
> software developers in the world

But of course the biggest developer in the world is EA...

And they also make the greatest games ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.